Wanchope

Day

Is Wanchope a legend or hero?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just think he is in my take on what a legend is.I dont expect everyone to agree :)

I am not questioning your definition or indeed your opinion, but I do have to say that boy you do swing in the breeze.

In respect of the poll, and I haven't looked up the facts so this is from a damaged memory, my take is that he scored c20 goals, was with us 2 seasons so played say 80 games max., never won us owt, and left as soon as a bigger contract was waved in front of his nose. Like I said earlier, I loved his time with us because they were the best days we had had for many a year, and I enjoyed watching him trying to work out if he actually meant some of the things he did, but in my book Wanchope is worthy of neither hero or legend status. He was a bang average but joyfully unpredictable player, surrounded by others who gave more and achieved more during those happier times.

I am not questioning your definition or indeed your opinion, but I do have to say that boy you do swing in the breeze.

In respect of the poll, and I haven't looked up the facts so this is from a damaged memory, my take is that he scored c20 goals, was with us 2 seasons so played say 80 games max., never won us owt, and left as soon as a bigger contract was waved in front of his nose. Like I said earlier, I loved his time with us because they were the best days we had had for many a year, and I enjoyed watching him trying to work out if he actually meant some of the things he did, but in my book Wanchope is worthy of neither hero or legend status. He was a bang average but joyfully unpredictable player, surrounded by others who gave more and achieved more during those happier times.

Good breakdown mate. Cheers :)

This has the whiff of a rigged poll. Daveo calling an election, posting articles that make sense, and also slipping backhanders. I think we should ignore the facts and simply vote on a poster popularity or personality ticket. Boycie it's going to be a landslide victory my boy.

Hmm, yes. There's definitely a bit of Snowball (Boycie) and Napoleon (Daveo) about the whole thing.

That being said, I went for cult hero.

Archived