Wanchope

Day

Is Wanchope a legend or hero?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wanchope is a cult hero - way, way, way off from being a legend though.

The only player from that era that could be classed as a legend is Stimac.

For me Stimac was only a cult hero too, way over-rated as a defender and not a patch on McGrath or Weight.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on guys and gals.

He's a legend, why does he get invited back?

Does Mark Wright?

Does Paul McGrath?

Does Steve Bloomer?

Former Derby County star Mark Wright has been confirmed as the Rams' special guest for the mouth-watering top-of-the-table clash with Southampton later this month.

Derby will welcome the high-flying Saints to Pride Park Stadium on Saturday 15th October 2011 (3pm)

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2468370,00.html

It is very hard to differentiate between a hero and a legend. A legend to me is someone who as some have said has helped win several trophies for a club, or at the very least lead them to great things other than trophies and is loved by the club. Wanchope is a legend to me. The 125th Anniversary All-Time XI is very interesting. Is it agreed that all of these guys are legends to Derby fans? 

Player Position Years at Club Colin Boulton[65]Goalkeeper 1964

It is very hard to differentiate between a hero and a legend. A legend to me is someone who as some have said has helped win several trophies for a club, or at the very least lead them to great things other than trophies and is loved by the club. Wanchope is a legend to me.

You say Wanchope is a legend to you on the basis that you see a legend as being "someone who had helped win several trophies for a club, or at very least least led them to great things other than trophies and is loved by the club".

I think most fans of the Wanchope era will have loved some of his displays, and an affinity has grown over the years, but can you tell me what trophies he helped us win when he played for us, and/or what leadership qualities he ever displayed? If you can't then I would suggest you might be a leg end.

You say Wanchope is a legend to you on the basis that you see a legend as being "someone who had helped win several trophies for a club, or at very least least led them to great things other than trophies and is loved by the club".

I think most fans of the Wanchope era will have loved some of his displays, and an affinity has grown over the years, but can you tell me what trophies he helped us win when he played for us, and/or what leadership qualities he ever displayed? If you can't then I would suggest you might be a leg end.

It is my opinion mate :D

Archived