England v Norway

Day

In germany and watched their match vs the argies. We will need he demise of the premier league and 50 yrs to catch up. Both light years away. And dont get me on to Rooney. Most overated player that has ever walked the earth. Now he's captain he a certain starter. He would be bench at best. Absolute shower of *****

Actually they are not that good.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I saw the line-up I thought I might get some entertainment. However, it appears that when playing for England these players don't gel. I think it's because in the Premiership they have players they can pass to from overseas without the ball bouncing up off a knee, ankle etc. Our close control is woeful (Rooney possibly worst of all) and so the resultant pass is a hurried lunge. We have players with pace but they can't pass or shoot at pace. 

As a nation we lack composure. We do all the hustle and bustle but at the crucial moments we panic. Our batsmen can whack it but largely can't play the clever shots into gaps. Our  rugby players are fit brutes but we don't have a silky runner or clever kicker and in football we lack guile.

I don't know if it's a coaching thing or genetic We need to allow our players to relax and try the unexpected more. 

Control of the football means control of the game. I think Mr Clough used to say the same.

I think people are forgetting that last night was a friendly, do we pick Derby's performances apart when we only beat Matlock Town 1-0?

Last night was a nothing game and a chance to introduce some new faces to the squad, Monday v Switzerland is the game that means something.

I think people are forgetting that last night was a friendly, do we pick Derby's performances apart when we only beat Matlock Town 1-0?

Last night was a nothing game and a chance to introduce some new faces to the squad, Monday v Switzerland is the game that means something.

Actually worried for monday. The swiss are a very good team. Remember it took extra time from argentina to beat the swiss plus the swiss missed a sitter in the last minute

Actually worried for monday. The swiss are a very good team. Remember it took extra time from argentina to beat the swiss plus the swiss missed a sitter in the last minute

Why are you comparing games, have you watched football before?

Underdogs can put in great performances against top teams, sneak a win or lose to an unlucky last minute rebound off a players arse. The next they can get battered 4 or 5 nil.

Who and how Switzerland have performed in the past means nothing, the game on Monday hasn't been played yet and for someone that moans about the England team why are you worried? Just watch Eastenders instead

Why are you comparing games, have you watched football before?

Underdogs can put in great performances against top teams, sneak a win or lose to an unlucky last minute rebound off a players arse. The next they can get battered 4 or 5 nil.

Who and how Switzerland have performed in the past means nothing, the game on Monday hasn't been played yet and for someone that moans about the England team why are you worried? Just watch Eastenders instead

This is exactly why england never win anything. We think that we are great when we are not. We dont have the ability to beat teams better than us. I would be very surprised if england did get something from this game. The swiss are a brilliant team. Would go as far as saying that they are the atletico madrid of international teams. Very hard team to beat and their energy in midfield will shock our team.

This is exactly why england never win anything. We think that we are great when we are not. We dont have the ability to beat teams better than us. I would be very surprised if england did get something from this game. The swiss are a brilliant team. Would go as far as saying that they are the atletico madrid of international teams. Very hard team to beat and their energy in midfield will shock our team.

Eastenders is on at 8pm Monday, BBC1

Read a report that they have to play every home match at Wembley for the next 8-9 years!

Honesty from The FA for probably the first time in my lifetime. Basically said we will continue to fleece the real fans until they have cleared the massive debt The FA ran during the shambolic process of re-building Wembley.

I enjoyed watching England when the games were taken around the country and it makes the national team a lot more accessible and appealing to the younger generation.

I see Hodgson has come out and said low attendances will be down to unappealing opposition! Think he needs to get his head out of his ass! Poor, uninspiring performances and sky high prices are the more likely reason. Why don't The FA try and entice fans back? 40,000 x

Watched it on mute last night.

Can't remember the last time I enjoyed an England game so much. Saw plenty of promise.

Think we looked better when Rooney went off and attacked at pace.

The defence is shaky and will be punished against better opposition.

Yes Sturridge use his right foot, he scored against Italy at WC with his right foot NEXT. Happy we won but it's only a friendly, we'll focus on qualifiers from now on. Roll on Monday can't bloody wait to go Basel I shall be taking my flag with me. :D 

Yes Sturridge use his right foot, he scored against Italy at WC with his right foot NEXT. Happy we won but it's only a friendly, we'll focus on qualifiers from now on. Roll on Monday can't bloody wait to go Basel I shall be taking my flag with me. :D

One goal, so case closed? He's a good striker but incredibly limited as he does the same thing every time.

Honesty from The FA for probably the first time in my lifetime. Basically said we will continue to fleece the real fans until they have cleared the massive debt The FA ran during the shambolic process of re-building Wembley.

I enjoyed watching England when the games were taken around the country and it makes the national team a lot more accessible and appealing to the younger generation.

I see Hodgson has come out and said low attendances will be down to unappealing opposition! Think he needs to get his head out of his ass! Poor, uninspiring performances and sky high prices are the more likely reason. Why don't The FA try and entice fans back? 40,000 x

Yes Sturridge use his right foot, he scored against Italy at WC with his right foot NEXT. Happy we won but it's only a friendly, we'll focus on qualifiers from now on. Roll on Monday can't bloody wait to go Basel I shall be taking my flag with me. :D

What you need is to know someone who lives there....

Archived