Hendrick dislocated shoulder

Day

Pretty sure we did the exact same thing against Forest at the City Ground once and scored?

The difference with that one and yesterday's incident is that at the Kuwait ground the ref did check the player, as he ran past, and let play go on because there was no head injury nor in his opinion a serious injury.

The argument with yesterdays ref is that not only did neither he or the linos stop play when it was clear that there was a serious injury, while play was in progress, but they also allowed play to continue after a break in play when Jeff hadn't moved for some time. They didn't even check or look back.

The linos are as culpable as the ref for me. The ref at least has the excuse that he was following play. The lino on the west stand side and the 4th official could both have brought his attention to the injury via their mics

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the officials were woeful on Saturday, think they may have been Ipswich fans in disguise and nicked the officials kits.

My mate stated before kick off, that we have never won a match with that referee in charge (he has now reffed us 6 times).

I thought that some of our players became afraid to make challenges due to the poor officiating.

It's a shame for Hendrick, he always seems to pick up a bad injury when he is playing well.

It will be interesting to see how Bryson performs now, as he has been very poor so far this season.

Along with Hughes and Bryson at least he's a player we can afford to lose without it impacting us too much (in theory). Be nice to see Coutts get a couple of appearances if he's fit.

I disagree, think we lose a lot of physical presence without him, especially with a pairing of Hughes and Bryson. The latter has been disappointing this season..

I see your point and it's why I said 'in theory', Hendrick has been the first name on the teamsheet in our midfield up to now. You have to say that's because the other two have been underperforming, though. I don't even think Hendrick has been that good, our whole midfield has been disappointing and less dominant for me. Please mum can Thorne come back soon

"You can usually resume most activities within two weeks, but avoid heavy lifting and playing sports involving shoulder movements for six weeks to three months. "

Sauce: NHS.

I dislocated mine playing cricket.

As a fast bowler, that was it - game, set and match. I can't even throw pebbles into the sea any more (or rather, I can just about lob one 20 metres instead of the 80 metres or so I could hurl a cricket ball before the injury).

Eddie, I feel your pain and share it too!

That said, with a metal knee at 41, I gave up everything except eating lol

Should you not therefore change your name to "Ovine_Interferer (Retired)". I bet those sheep must have bucked a bit to end up with a metal knee?

'tis a horrendously painful injury, and sadly, Hendrick runs constant risk of it recurring now he has done it the first time...the joint gets weakened severely. I feel sorry for anyone who experiences that kind of pain.

Both my own, and my old man's short lived playing careers were curtailed by the exact same thing ...gammy shoulders must run in the genes.

Hendrick won't be playing against Forest ... not a prayer...he'll need to rest.

Archived