"Good loan player" lined up - Alan Nixon tweet

DCFC1388

Tweeted Nixon this morning who said it was Ibe we were in for but he's now set to join Bolton as we couldn't guarantee game time. In my opinion that is ridiculous as he is better than any winger we currently have.

:lol:

I'm almost certain this is going to come back and bite us on the harris. He's such a good player. 

Good luck to him at Bolton, he's got the potential to rip this division to shreads and he'll be hungry to prove himself good enough to play for Liverpool. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think every player we sign you say you would hate it if he walked into our team.

Whats the point in signing anyone then?

Sign someone and stick them on the bench.

Unproven youngsters yes, we're talking about kids here that I have more fingers and toes than they have played competitive football.

Nobody should come in and be guaranteed game time. That's not what we're about.

As talented as he is, it would still be a gamble.

I do agree, but I'm also sure we'll come to regret it. 

Ah, well. I think our management have real faith in Dawkins, Ward and Russell being the main men this season. I've always said, a manager lives and dies by his decisions and I'd always do things differently. I would have guaranteed him a place on the moon to sign him, whether he plays all the time or not can be explained away later. 

We were top goal scorers last season, how main attacking threat in Dawkins, Ward, Russell and Martin is still here yet now we're desperate for a new winger and I've even seen calls for a striker!

If there are players out there with proven ability that can strengthen our forward line in our budget great, bring them in and get them playing. Nobody will convince me throwing unproven kids in is the right way forward.

Thing what gets me the expectations people have of us making the play offs at least, what makes them say that? I'm guessing last season and the attacking football we was playing yet now you want they throw kids in there and mix it up because we have been a tad slow off the blocks.

Patience, it's a long season and when those four get going we'll be fine........although not convinced about the defence

Our wingers have scored 5 goals in 80 games.

If you think thats good enough then fine.

We need a winger. Everyone can see it.

Dawkins hasnt got enough of an end product.

We currently have 3 wingers. Not one of them is firing on all cylinders.

Great stat, but can you tell me which club scored the most goals in the Championship last season?

Which club was widely regarded as the most entertaining team to watch last season?

Also can you tell me how many games have we played and how many left have we got to play?

And just because they don't score goals, doesn't mean they're not involved in them. It's not like all the goals we scored last season involved Martin and Bryson passing to each other with the rest of the team ball-watching with their jaws open - they were involved too.

Daveo - Hendrick, Bryson and Martin were carrying the wingers.

Now the goals have dried up slightly elsewhere, I'd like to think the wingers may come to the party a little bit.

However, you seem to give them an enourmous amount of slack?

If there are players out there with proven ability that can strengthen our forward line in our budget great, bring them in and get them playing. Nobody will convince me throwing unproven kids in is the right way forward.

I agree Daveo - IMO we do need a genuine winger option, but this is not the time for unproven kids particularly with a few natives getting restless. Not sure though what i am looking for is out there that a) would want to come to us without some guarantee of game time, and b) would be within our budget.

It would seem there is not much left in the pot, I think one of the most promising talents in England would be enough.

He is a cracking player, as said before, I do agree the trio of Dawkins, Ward and Russell are good players and enough to see us get to where we want to be. However, Ibe is a mouth watering prospect. I'd say he's got more potential and will arguably do better in his career than Hughes, for example. 

I wish him all the best at Bolton, but I am in no doubts we should have signed him. He fits our system perfectly too. 

He'd would have been at the very top of my list, but I'm not the manager. 

Daveo - Hendrick, Bryson and Martin were carrying the wingers.

Now the goals have dried up slightly elsewhere, I'd like to think the wingers may come to the party a little bit.

However, you seem to give them an enourmous amount of slack?

I disagree that the wingers were being carried, our midfield and forward line were outstanding last season, our defence let us down with sloppy goals.

I agree with Daveo on this one - although Russell should have scored against Wednesday.

Two goals at Charlton should be enough to win the game. Who has got the assists for the goals the wingers haven't scored this season?

Archived