Under 21s & Academy 14/15

-JW-

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're category 1 and we're having a laugh.

Still in division 2 though. We have to be promoted from this league to be with the top U21s teams I think. Which is stupid imo since there are only 22 Cat 1 academies. Why not have 1 Premier Division with 22 teams?

Still in division 2 though. We have to be promoted from this league to be with the top U21s teams I think. Which is stupid imo since there are only 22 Cat 1 academies. Why not have 1 Premier Division with 22 teams?

Too many games. Many of them will be playing in other age groups, FA youth cup etc.

Just back

Very entertaining. Middlesbrough were a good side and were slightly unlucky to lose.

Derby took the lead within one minute.

Calero bursting through was brought down just inside the box and a slightly nervous looking Santos dispatched the pen to the keepers right.

Middlesbro then had spells of dominant possession with slick interchanges and players switching position.

Ginger haired Bradley Halliday was superb for Boro at left back and Santos struggled to beat his man.

For Derby, Calero was the star having three good opportunities to add to Derby's lead before squaring for Thomas to tap home Derbys second after 35 mins.

Calero continued to threaten in the second half, clipping the bar from 25 yards.

Eventually Boro rediscovered their first half form and had Derby on the rack towards the end.

With time ticking away, the centre forward finished a similar move to that which had resulted in Derbys second, to make it 2-1.

Calero caught the eye in inside left.

Bunjaku was tidy but of limited value when Boro had possession.

Santos had a couple of moments was was largely contained by a Boro defence in which Halliday and Burgess were outstanding.

Roos produced a couple of good saves but totally lost his bearings on one cross.

Rawson looked good at the heart of the defence.

Final score 2-1.

Can't argue with RamNut.

I'd add that Max Lowe looks like a player, especially given that he's still young for that league.

Calero MoM, outstanding for us, finding space, going past people and looking to play people in. 

Can't argue with the other reports.

But i will mention that they played some neat football tonight and looked quite a bit better than last season.

Rawson looked very good to me and i don't think he would let us down if called upon in an emergency.

Archived