I'll tell you what, this Christie lad...

Day

If that is correct we must have one of the best deals this season!

The deal was 100k up front, 100k after a set amount of apperances and 100k when we go up, that is what Nixon said at the time of his signing, if he helps us get promoted then it will be a steal!!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine trying to break up a fight between Cyrus and Wisdom.

I've never seen anyone nudge people about like Wisdom but Christie has pushed a few grown men around like kids too.

He makes Forsyth look careful now. Keogh is going to have to attach a leash at some point.

Thank you Coventry. Plenty to work with here. He fits in beautifully!!

Talking about Brayford, i watched the Cardiff/B'burn match and Bray is not what he was when here,

didn't do badly thou.

Feel a bit sorry for Brayford. Completely understandable that he left but turned out a bad decision to go to Cardiff. Why did they sign him-one of the things Mackay did that would of got his owners back up.

Unfortunately for him, he left us just before we became a good team that he would have loved to be a part of. Then ended up in the division below for most the year.

At least he got some good wages but I doubt that is the main thing for him.

Christie looks like Bray and Wisdom combined!

Really?

Having watched the whole game, I thought that Dawkins was linking with Fozzy very well in the first half, and his trickery at the start of the second half opened Carlisle up completely, let Forsyth get right to the byline and his cross produced a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Then again, I don't look for scapegoats all the time.

Dawks is frustrating sometimes but then most wide players seem to be. When he's on it, he is excellent though.

He needs to work on his decision making, too often goes back into traffic and is slow to release. 

Don't think it is always people looking for scapegoats tbf, it's football, we all have passions and opinions. I'm a better manager than SMc for example, It's just at the moment he has the job.  :(  :ph34r:

Dawks is frustrating sometimes but then most wide players seem to be. When he's on it, he is excellent though.

He needs to work on his decision making, too often goes back into traffic and is slow to release. 

Don't think it is always people looking for scapegoats tbf, it's football, we all have passions and opinions. I'm a better manager than SMc for example, It's just at the moment he has the job.  :(  :ph34r:

Frustrating indeed. My post was made in sheer frustration, probably related to some of the utter dingbats who had been posting in the match room chat which I was reading while watching the game. I found myself thinking "You're a Florist

Really?

Having watched the whole game, I thought that Dawkins was linking with Fozzy very well in the first half, and his trickery at the start of the second half opened Carlisle up completely, let Forsyth get right to the byline and his cross produced a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Then again, I don't look for scapegoats all the time.

Hallelujah! Biggest threat out of the attacking 5 came from Dawkins tonight and he wasn't bad saturday either but it seems some have made their minds up about him already. 

Back to Christie though, he has passed every test he's come up against so far but I'll reserve real judgement when we've played a big ugly team like Wednesday  :ph34r:. I don't think he'll be as solid defensively as Wisdom was because that guy was just a brick wall but I think he'll be better equipped to deal with fast wingers as he's got some pace to burn himself.  

One concern though was that when the ball was lost on the right wing, within two passes they had a 3 on 2 situation because both Forsyth and Christie had bombed forward at the same time. A better attack would punish us but their player skied it from 25 yards. 

There's only one thing with Christie. My dad has now taken to calling him Miley Cyrus every damn time he's talking about him. It wasn't funny the first time.

:angry:

All we need him to do now is grow a blond Rod Stewart-style mullet and then he can be Biley Cyrus (your Dad will get it)

Not to start a clough debate but for everyone praising Stevie mac, i do beleive clough tried to sign Christie, so I doubt it was him signalling him out, rather that he was still on the radar. So you could say that 10 of the starters were his signings, crazy how good he is in bringing players, just lacks the tactical nous

Not to start a clough debate but for everyone praising Stevie mac, i do beleive clough tried to sign Christie, so I doubt it was him signalling him out, rather that he was still on the radar. So you could say that 10 of the starters were his signings, crazy how good he is in bringing players, just lacks the tactical nous

Always sounds like "I'm not racist, but..."  :rolleyes:

If people have a different opinion to you it does not mean they are dingbats. Dawks had an awful first half but then improved in the second, but still no end product. And he's like this most of the time. 

No talking specifically about the idiot comments about Dawkins, which continued throughout the second half until he was substituted. I'm talking about the crazies who were suggesting in turn that:

"Martin is lazy"

"Martin should be dropped"

"Martin is utter rubbish"

"Martin didn't score in the playoff final"

"Martin scores"

<Leaves thread>

Archived