Best TV Dramas

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mad Men is one of the greatest shows of the past decade. It's great, and you just don't know why! Such a brilliant cast, playing fantastic characters. 

Shame its usually overlooked in favour of the better known shows.

I know why.......

Joan_Holloway_Wiki.jpg

Betty-in-Rome-mad-men-22375598-853-1280.

Breaking Bad was amazing, a masterpiece in acting and a truly brilliant storyline.

Over the past few months I've watched Game of Thrones and the Walking Dead, having never seen a single episode I've gone through all five seasons on both. They are also amazing.

GOT is slow admittedly, the first couple of series is a bit stop-start with so many storylines going off at once. But now there are less main characters, it's better.

Walking Dead is brilliant, to say I don't like Zombie movies, it's just awesome. Season four when all the main character were broken up is a bit slow, but it soon picks up again!

Also watching Better Call Saul.

Problem is, I'm now at a stage where I'm waiting for all three shows to produce the next season. And one hour a week is nothing. I'm tempted to wait until around four of five episodes have come out and watch them all at once, but if I leave it, I'm bound to read up somewhere on what has happened. Damn Spoilers!

Breaking Bad was amazing, a masterpiece in acting and a truly brilliant storyline.

Over the past few months I've watched Game of Thrones and the Walking Dead, having never seen a single episode I've gone through all five seasons on both. They are also amazing.

GOT is slow admittedly, the first couple of series is a bit stop-start with so many storylines going off at once. But now there are less main characters, it's better.

Walking Dead is brilliant, to say I don't like Zombie movies, it's just awesome. Season four when all the main character were broken up is a bit slow, but it soon picks up again!

Also watching Better Call Saul.

Problem is, I'm now at a stage where I'm waiting for all three shows to produce the next series. And one hour a week is nothing. I'm tempted to wait until around four of five episodes have come out and watch them all at once, but if I leave it, I'm bound to read up somewhere on what has happened. Damn Spoilers!

I feel your pain brother. Walking Dead and GoT are the two for me and I hate that I have to wait for the next series, and then for each episode. 

Now I like discovering old series that I missed when they came out, and have well and truly finished with a satisfying conclusion. Then I can binge them in a weekend, with a proper beginning middle and end, and no danger of it being cancelled mid-storyline. 

Sons of Anarchy and Breaking Bad next for me. I'll be pissed off if they suddenly make that extra series. 

I've been recording a few series for a rainy day.

Watched The Saboteurs yesterday. Very good series based on attempts to stop the Nazis obtaining heavy water for atomic bombs in WWII.

Today I'm watching No Offence a British cops eries from Paul Abbott creator of Clocking Off, State of Play and Shameless. It's absolutely stunning and just as good as his earlier stuff. 

season 4 of the wire and I've got to admit, 4 episodes in, it's suffering through lack of the main characters from the first 3 seasons, I won't spoil it (for anyone yet to watch) by talking specifically about certain characters, but I miss some of them and the show isn't now as addictive. I will stick with it.

season 4 of the wire and I've got to admit, 4 episodes in, it's suffering through lack of the main characters from the first 3 seasons, I won't spoil it (for anyone yet to watch) by talking specifically about certain characters, but I miss some of them and the show isn't now as addictive. I will stick with it.

Is that the one McNulty is hardly in? He'll be back with a bang in series 5. Some people don't like it but I find what he gets up to in series 5 ******* hilarious.

Is that the one McNulty is hardly in? He'll be back with a bang in series 5. Some people don't like it but I find what he gets up to in series 5 ******* hilarious.

yeah, he only turns up about once or twice an episode so far, for about 1 minute at a time.

• 2 weeks later...

Took me months after finishing the Wire to get Omar's whistle out my head

'You come at the king, you best not miss!'... Gonna have to re-watched The Wire now, although I am very much hooked on Fargo at the moment... Billy Bob Thornton & Martin Freeman are brilliant!

Archived