Best TV Dramas

I like it.

Wish I was you I would love to watch it again for the first time. I don't know why some don't stick with it, from the very the very first scene I thought it was a cool show. Then the longer I watched the coolness increased and then I started to realise how clever it was as well with the themes it explores. Great characters too.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish I was you I would love to watch it again for the first time. I don't know why some don't stick with it, from the very the very first scene I thought it was a cool show. Then the longer I watched the coolness increased and then I started to realise how clever it was as well with the themes it explores. Great characters too.

I think the big problem with it is that it's so realistic it can come across a bit mundane.  The entire 1st season's events would take up two episodes of something like 24.  I'm with you though, bar season 5, it's as good as TV gets...

I think the big problem with it is that it's so realistic it can come across a bit mundane.  The entire 1st season's events would take up two episodes of something like 24.  I'm with you though, bar season 5, it's as good as TV gets...

Yeah I know what you mean. For instance, the procedural elements of the first series might not be that exciting for some. But if you actually pay attention and follow the ebb and flow of the dialogue the plot of that first series is as tight as 24 or say, the first series of Prison Break.

Yeah I know what you mean. For instance, the procedural elements of the first series might not be that exciting for some. But if you actually pay attention and follow the ebb and flow of the dialogue the plot of that first series is as tight as 24 or say, the first series of Prison Break.

Aaaaah Prison Break, I can remember a time when that was a decent show that made sense.  And Heroes...

Prison Break is rumoured to be coming back. I don't know why. Should have ended after the first series

Its confirmed as coming back next year.

Twin Peaks, The X Files and Prison Break all back next year and all continuations rather than BS remakes.

Its confirmed as coming back next year.

Twin Peaks, The X Files and Prison Break all back next year and all continuations rather than BS remakes.

Oh yeah I forgot Twin Peaks was coming back. I'd best finally get round to watching series 2 then, although that's another show that I've heard didn't hit the heights of the first series.

The second series was subject to network interference. They insisted on the killer being revealed, which threw a spanner in the works - it's visibly noticeable that they're caught on the hop as once revealed the next 5-6 episodes are obvious treading water while they figure out what to do next. Comes good later in the season though, just in time to nark everyone when it was cancelled.

Stick with it, it can be hard for some people to get into for some reason but it's every bit as good as people say.

The Wire is brilliant but found i had to watch it with subtitles to fully understand and follow it properly

Prison Break is rumoured to be coming back. I don't know why. Should have ended after the first series

2nd season wasn't too bad but the 3rd was rubbish and the best way I can describe the 4th and the specials is "f**kin' clown shoes"...

I don't think I ever watch any of these as an actual TV drama. I tend to wait for them to finish and watch them as box sets.

My Box Set tekkers are pretty good.

The box sets I've watched:-

The Sopranos

Lillyhammer

Boardwalk Empire

True Detective (S1)

Luther

The Fall

Hard (French, very funny)

Breaking Bad

Penny Dreadful

Mad Men