Best TV Dramas

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m fine in this country thanks. Being spoken to directly is very different from watching somebody in character TV.

Oh okay, fair enough. 

I won't lie, I think during the Wire, I had to rewind a couple of times to try and catch what was being said. 

I think the fact they use lingo and slang makes it harder, in which case, I don't worry about it, as long as I can follow the gist of the storylines.

No like? thought it was alright, pretty funny.....not the greatest written series you will see on there but well worth a watch

yeah I watched it, and immediately wanted to visit the place! hahaha. But the programme itself, was a little bit too daft in some areas, although now I think about it, his sidekick was funny, and the bar looked cool.

Oh okay, fair enough. 

I won't lie, I think during the Wire, I had to rewind a couple of times to try and catch what was being said. 

I think the fact they use lingo and slang makes it harder, in which case, I don't worry about it, as long as I can follow the gist of the storylines.

Normally I'm not that bothered if shows/films haven't got subtitles but with the wire and true detective I feel like I'm missing out as they are so heavy on dialogue.

I’m fine in this country thanks. Being spoken to directly is very different from watching somebody in character TV.

I get this. Since my wife moved to England 6 years ago, we normally watch TV with suntitles on. She speaks English fine, but it helps her with accents and stuff, and has helped improve her English. 

Now I'll always watch TV with subtitles if I can. I've realised just how much dialogue I miss. And because it's all sky plussed, I'll normally end up rewinding if I miss a subtitle. Only to find it really wasn't that important.

that's just it mostyn, it does away with the need for sky :ph34r:

all you need is a wireless internet connection and £35 (one off payment) to buy the amazon firestick (from amazon) type in google amazon fire kodi and see what you think ? live streams of all Saturday matches including the rams (70% of the time), access to every film and every tv programme (just about), ike you I was spending £130 pm on sky alone but now pay £30 pm and bought a couple of firesticks that cost nothing to run once you have paid the initial £35 each.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-W87CUN-Fire-TV-Stick/dp/B00KAKUN3E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439896005&sr=8-1&keywords=amazon+tv+stick

I posted months ago in here about my setup.

My PC has 6TB of hard drive space for media, Sickbeard and SABnzbd. In my bedroom where I watch most of the tv I have a NowTV box with Plex installed.

NowTV box cost a tenner (there is a newer better one out now for £15) and thats all the outlay.

xsusnet.com have a free tariff which is more than good enough for SABnzbd to grab the latest shows as instructed by Sickbeard from Newsgroups.

If you want movies as well you can use Couchpotato to get them. Can even do auto music downloads with Headphones thrown into the equation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters/comments/q3flx/the_complete_setup_guide_for_sabnzbd_sick_beard/

My PC has 6TB of hard drive space for media, Sickbeard and SABnzbd. In my bedroom where I watch most of the tv I have a NowTV box with Plex installed.

NowTV box cost a tenner (there is a newer better one out now for £15) and thats all the outlay.

xsusnet.com have a free tariff which is more than good enough for SABnzbd to grab the latest shows as instructed by Sickbeard from Newsgroups.

If you want movies as well you can use Couchpotato to get them. Can even do auto music downloads with Headphones thrown into the equation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters/comments/q3flx/the_complete_setup_guide_for_sabnzbd_sick_beard/

there are at least 83 words in your post that I do not recognise.

eh?

Its really simple, might not look it but it is.

1 program has a list of you favourite tv shows, when an episode is aired it instructs another to find it and download it, when it has it gives it back to the first program to rename and sort into show specific folders. Finally Plex will stream to any Plex enabled device in home or around the world.

Its really simple, might not look it but it is.

1 program has a list of you favourite tv shows, when an episode is aired it instructs another to find it and download it, when it has it gives it back to the first program to rename and sort into show specific folders. Finally Plex will stream to any Plex enabled device in home or around the world.

all in English? HD?

Archived