Best TV Dramas

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Downloaded the whole box set of Mad Men and watched them. Very well made and well written without being spectular, it was somehow quite addictive.

Downloaded the box set of The Wire and watched the first 3 episodes last night. Quite enjoyed it.

Just started watching Sons of Anarchy. 4 episodes in, it's all good. 

I like to wait til a series is well and truly finished before I start watching it. It would annoy me to binge on the first 4 seasons of a series just to then find that I've got to wait for season 5, and there may yet be another few years of it yet. 

It's nice to be able to watch something to a satisfying conclusion over the course of a couple of weeks (okay, I'll be honest, a couple of nights). 

Downloaded the whole box set of Mad Men and watched them. Very well made and well written without being spectular, it was somehow quite addictive.

Downloaded the box set of The Wire and watched the first 3 episodes last night. Quite enjoyed it.

Mad Men is one of the greatest shows of the past decade. It's great, and you just don't know why! Such a brilliant cast, playing fantastic characters. 

Shame its usually overlooked in favour of the better known shows.

Mad Men is one of the greatest shows of the past decade. It's great, and you just don't know why! Such a brilliant cast, playing fantastic characters. 

Shame its usually overlooked in favour of the better known shows.

Matthew Weiner is the reason. An absolute genius.

Anyone else like or has watched the show Hannibal? Good show, 3rd season starts this week.

Lecter is just a great character.

Fantastic show!

My fave are:

The Sopranos
Dexter
ER
Hannibal
Rome
and my guilty pleasure at the time was The OC...

American Horror Story is a favourite of mine. 

Along with 24 , Breaking Bad (coming back with a new series:))  NCIS, Penny Dreadful, Falling Skies , The Walking Dead( hopefully the new prequel is as good) and Dr Who.

Just opened the Dr Who can of worms right there :D

American Horror Story is a favourite of mine

Along with 24 , Breaking Bad (coming back with a new series:))  NCIS, Penny Dreadful, Falling Skies , The Walking Dead( hopefully the new prequel is as good) and Dr Who.

Just opened the Dr Who can of worms right there :D

Enjoyed the first two series, but then it was witches in the third and fell out of favour with it.

New series on Alibi called Crossing Lines.

Sort of an International FBI made up of officers from USA and Europe, solving crimes across borders. The pilot double episode about a serial killer striking in various european countries was very good & always a pleasure to watch Donald Sutherland in anything.

I don't normally watch many detective type things but I'll keep going with this for a while at least. Promising.

Archived