Derby County v Rangers

mozza

There was one Rangers fan who'd drunkenly fallen in a bush on the walk towards the ground.

I think he'd been in the bush a while, didn't see him fall in but he suddenly rose out of them 5 yards in front of me

Jesus?

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christie was fine, but the few times he did try to take the ball past the defender in a 1 on 1 situation he ended up being outpaced, outmuscled and dispossessed, which rather surprised me.

He twice pushed the ball one side then tried to run round the other side. They were probably the only two occasions he lost the ball in the entire game.

Some banter against Rangers is fine and the English/Scottish 'debate' is always good for a few remarks. But I just can't see why so many people are being and have been so negative against Rangers and their fans. Everyone to their own, but they ARE a massive club no matter what league they are in, they are very pro-British (compare that to the awful Celtic politics), their fans have come in their 1000's and on the whole have been a real credit to the Club. No real trouble (there's always a minority at every club), good singing, friendly bunch, good atmosphere. 

Don't get it.

Thanks for coming guys and safe trip home.

It's about reputation and supposed bigotry. Any incident or occurrence is bound to be blown out of all proportion by not-exactly impartial observers - because in all reality, everyone has their own axe to grind.

I personally have no problem with Rangers fans in general - then again I have no problem with Celtic fans in general either.

As one of the few Derby fans posting on this thread who could actually be bothered to go to the ground today, I should like to congratulate the Rangers fans on creating a fantastic - if somewhat one-sided - atmosphere together with impeccable behaviour before, during and after the game. The guys I chatted with were excellent.

Lose the fecking Israeli stars though. 

Is that aimed at me Edward? 

As a Rangers fan, can I point out that we have now travelled in our thousands to Derby twice, and have brought nothing but a great atmosphere and a larger bank balance for your club. Yet people here seem rather ungrateful.

I didn't realise that refusing to let you win constitutes as ungrateful... 

Apparently Rangers fans kicking off in town near standing order, riot police there now

I finished work at quart to 1 and there were a fair few Rangers fans totally pissed. How one didn't get run over outside the Courthouse I'll never know. No sign of any aggression though at all.

I found the Rangers fans to be a real mixed bag. Heard abuse being hurled at Derby fans by them and we had "******' English cunts" shouted at us queuing up to get into the game. But then had some really friendly Rangers fans wishing us luck for the season and saying we were unlucky at Wembley and such. Think some just get caught up in the occasion and start thinking they're the business when they're amongst nearly 10,000 of their buddies.

Oh, and anyone else hear that guy who wouldn't stop shouting "Come on Celtic" and at first it was a laugh, but then he went on and on and that Rangers fan in the Derby end screamed at him "SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU FUCKING CLOWN"  :lol:

Loads of Rangers fans in the East stand. Not that there was any trouble with them. The stewards were all over them anyway but they seemed sensible enough and a well behaved bunch compared to the other half of the Rangers support...

Archived