NBA

RLACML

Really? I find it more exciting because it's smaller. Isn't the NFL draft done over several days as well?

Yeah but only really top 3 rounds really worth noting unless it's your own team usually.

But NBA draft you have maybe 2 really good players. This year we were lucky as there was 5, including Embiid. But the rest, could end up anywhere and being completely useless or ok. But there's not the in depth analysis to know that or not like there is in NFL.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah but only really top 3 rounds really worth noting unless it's your own team usually.

But NBA draft you have maybe 2 really good players. This year we were lucky as there was 5, including Embiid. But the rest, could end up anywhere and being completely useless or ok. But there's not the in depth analysis to know that or not like there is in NFL.

Wiggins, Parker, Embiid will become superstars IMO. Randle and Exum could make it to that level, but probably just very good. Then there's at least 10-15 that will become good players. Granted this isn't usual but this draft was insanely deep

I love the draft. So unique about American sports.

NBA nowhere near as exciting as NFL though. Much smaller and no where near as deep.

I like the draft system as well, got a new found love for basketball and is definitely my favourite American sport. Just far more skillful for than a lot of other sports.

Seen people tipping up Denver as dark horses for next season, this Mcdermott seems similar to Galinari so trading him seems good business. This Afflalo is suppose to be a good young player as well?

Keep everyone fit, Faried, Lawson with a good bench, the futures bright. 

Afflalo can score, that's for sure. Unfortunately for Denver, the west is loaded and none of the playoff teams are going to get significantly weaker. They might sneak into the playoffs but it seems they will be stuck in mediocrity for a while to come

The problem with being a Heat fan is I knew the day would come when the team faced an uncertain future. I was obviously thrilled when Lebron and Chris joined 4 years ago, but am unsure how I feel now. Having supported the heat for 9 years now, I've seen a few bad seasons, expecting another. Rookies look good this year though. Melo will stay at Knicks

Doubt it... dominoes will fall now.

Bosh and Parsons to Houston

Melo to NYK

Wade though... does he resign or not? He's not even that good anymore.

Harden, D12, Bosh and Parsons is a hell of a foursome. as he gave away money that he isn't likely to see again. 

D-Wade is still a brilliant player, as he showed for the majority of last season. He went missing in the finals but most of the Heat did, and the Spurs were just too good. Wade will resign and keep Miami as a playoff team. 

He doesn't have the athleticism anymore. His knees have gone. He needs to do a bit of a Ray Allen and reinvent himself. Which is a major issue, as he doesn't have a consistant outside shot.

Not necessarily a strong defender, just a good athlete with a lot of length. Has all the attributes to be great on ball.

Kind of, Love is an all star, but no just that, he's a double-double machine. He stretches the floor with probably the best 3-point shooting of any power forward/centre in the league, yet rebounds like a beast. So having a big man who can stretch the floor like that, clears the lane well for Kyrie and Lebron. It's just defensively, im not sure.

Nate Silver (Very interesting guy) predicted that the Cavs would win 52 games (5% chance of winning title) with LeBron and Ray Allen on the roster. If they trade for Love (Giving up Varejao, Waiters + picks) moves them up to 62 wins (40% chance of winning title). Silver is a very smart guy and rarely wrong but I'm not convinced that their defence could hold up. Bad defensive teams rarely win titles

Archived