Roy Hodgson

Day

I have no issue with Hodgson other than his age, 66 years old and will be 70 for the next World Cup. I'm sorry Roy I know you said you won't resign but I think you should and not because we might fail getting through the group stages but for the future of the national team.

With the likes of Sterling, Lallana, Barkley, Shaw, Stones and co coming through now, let's get a young manager in and give him the next 4 years to prepare for the next World Cup where these players will be in there prime.

Thanks Roy, I don't blame you for this World Cup, but bye.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't blame Roy either.... Always on a hiding to nothing and did pick younger players....

Enjoy retirement Roy.

As for his replacement, need someone who needs to completely restructure the international team.

One man for me who fits that bill.... Roberto Martinez.

Have to agree.

After this WC should very much be about the future. Gerrard, thanks very much but it's time to move on. Roy, thanks, didn't quite work out but don't blame you personally, bye.

I'd also ditch Baines and Jagielka and look to Shaw, Stones, Flanagan et al.

The problem for Roy and that of the next manager. is we do not have any world class players. Rooney is as close as we have but there are players a step above him. We have a lot of good players, sadly we lack the great ones. At least Roy got a squad together I felt I could support and actually had some attacking flair, that will hopefully develop.

I think he has managed a transition...and now we enter the next generation. Let's just not over-hype them all, ie Golden Generation mark 2.

The problem for Roy and that of the next manager. is we do not have any world class players. Rooney is as close as we have but there are players a step above him. We have a lot of good players, sadly we lack the great ones. At least Roy got a squad together I felt I could support and actually had some attacking flair, that will hopefully develop.

I think he has managed a transition...and now we enter the next generation. Let's just not over-hype them all, ie Golden Generation mark 2.

There are a few teams in the World cup with far weaker (supposedly) teams that are performing better than us though ?

He's overseen the transition into the interim solution, but we've still got work to do.

I'd give it to someone younger now, for them to complete the transition fully into our next generation of players and to start shaping things from the ground up. Rather that than for all that to take place, Roy to then retire and someone else then coming in and shake it all up again.

We should be taking a long hard look at what Germany did after Euro 2000.

Strange thing, we moan about too many foreign players in our leagues, then some want another foreign manager for our national side,tad ironic maybe.

Will agree, but I can't think of one English coach or manager who is up to it.... At least with Martinez he's been here for well over a decade playing and managing. So it's fair to say he will have a decent understanding of what's required.

There are a few teams in the World cup with far weaker (supposedly) teams that are performing better than us though ?

We performed well against Italy, didn't against Uruguay. I always thought we would do well to get out of the group but last night was a let down. I often think World Cups are an eye opener for how good our players actually are.

Definitely time for someone else with a fresh squad.

It's a shame that very few England internationals made the transition into management once their careers ended. Particularly in the more recent years.

I'd want an English Manager, and preferably one who's been there as part of the national team. Klinsmann for example had never managed before taking charge of the German national side for Euro 2004 and WC 2006.

It's a shame that very few England internationals made the transition into management once their careers ended. Particularly in the more recent years.

I'd want an English Manager, and preferably one who's been there as part of the national team. Klinsmann for example had never managed before taking charge of the German national side for Euro 2004 and WC 2006.

Neville brothers...

Gary Neville with Scholes as assistant.

Both are straight talking and know what they are talking about. Having played under Fergie will know a thing a two as well you would have thought.

There is no experienced English managers out there worthy of giving a go, let's take a risk on this. 

Gary Neville with Scholes as assistant.

Both are straight talking and know what they are talking about. Having played under Fergie will know a thing a two as well you would have thought.

There is no experienced English managers out there worthy of giving a go, let's take a risk on this.

Good idea.

Won't go down though with the press.... But I would back that no problem.

Proven winners

Sturridge is better than Wayne, 

Harry Redknapp would like to announce that it would be triffic to manage his country one day.

There are no English managers that would do what is required. You probably are looking at complete novices that would be needed. Scholes knows what needs to be done. Do you want Paul Scholes to be manager?

Or you can go for Tony Pulis who will at least do things his way. He's a strong fella so I'd imagine he'd handle the criticism. No doubt England think they're too good for him. Which they aren't.

Not got many options if you want to avoid a foreign manager.

Archived