Louis Tomlinson set for Doncaster Rovers takeover

Day

A consortium involving One Direction singer Louis Tomlinson is set to complete a takeover of League One Doncaster Rovers next Wednesday.

BBC Radio Sheffield understands that an agreement between the parties has been reached but not yet signed off on.

The club confirmed last week that they were in talks over a possible takeover deal.

It had been hoped the deal would be concluded on Friday before a hold up related to Tomlinson's image rights.

A press conference to announce the deal had been arranged for 18:00 BST at Wembley Stadium, ahead of One Direction's concert there.

However, it was postponed after his management group raised the issue of image rights.

Tomlinson, who played for the club's reserves last season, is a lifelong supporter of his hometown team, which is currently owned by Terry Bramall and Dick Watson.

The group looking to buy the club also contains former Doncaster owner John Ryan, who ended a 15-year association with the club in November last year.

It is understood that 22-year-old Tomlinson and Ryan, 64, would be joint-chairmen of the recently-relegated club.

Paul Dickov's side were relegated from the Championship on the final day of 2013-14, just one season after winning League One.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27733476

This could be huge for Doncaster, all the merchandise sales to young teeny bopper girl fans hoping for a RT on Twitter as they've brought a Donny shirt

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not knocking it, me - fair play and huge respect to the lad for wanting to put his money into his club. No different to what Lionel did for Derby.

Not knocking it, me - fair play and huge respect to the lad for wanting to put his money into his club. No different to what Lionel did for Derby.

And his last record was a barnstormer. Get your point, though I would not be impressed if Niall decided to follow suit with us...

And his last record was a barnstormer. Get your point, though I would not be impressed if Niall decided to follow suit with us...

Yeah. They have money, but not "football club millionaire/billionaire" kind of money.

Archived