npower Cricket in the Park, 8th & 9th August, Markeaton Park

David

I have received an email from Daniel Perera and been asked to let forum members know about Cricket in the Park which will be on the 8th & 9th of August at Markeaton Park.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning,

My name is Daniel Perera and I work at the England and Wales Cricket Board. This summer we are hosting free events across the country that show the Ashes matches between England and Australia on giant TV screens. One of our events is taking place in Derby in Markeaton Park on the 8th and 9th of August.

The events have been massively successful so far, attracting thousands of people in Liverpool and Southampton for the first two tests matches that took place earlier this month.

At 'Cricket in the Park' we have:

1. The largest screen in Europe

2. A Sky Sports Coaching Zone, where enthusiastic cricketers can bat, bowl and field and compare their technique to their heroes on plasma screens and laptops whilst picking up tips from the most qualified coaches in the country

3. A Buxton Kids Zone, with face painting, arts and crafts, giant games, fancy dress, chill out area and much more

4. A fully licensed beer tent with garden furniture

5. Quality food concessions

6. Local celebrity host

7. A cricketing legend acting as an ambassador for the game

8. Much more entertainment at each event

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

the cricket was ***** but the actual event was pretty good, had a load of nets, with sky sports analysts there, where they scored your all round cricketing technique was good espec for the kids

didnt visit the beer tent, as well i had a very heavy night and day on sat, but seemed allright.

and there was so many kids and familys playing cricket was really good to see

Archived