Van Gaal Appointed Man Utd Manager

Day

@ManUtd: Van Gaal joins #mufc on a three-year contract and says: "To manage the biggest club in the world makes me very proud." #vangaalmufc

@ManUtd: #mufc record appearance-maker Ryan Giggs has been appointed assistant manager. #vangaalmufc

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ManUtd: Van Gaal joins #mufc on a three-year contract and says: "To manage the biggest club in the world makes me very proud." #vangaalmufc

Drives me mad people describing Man Utd as the biggest club in the world. They're not even close. Smaller than both Real Madrid & Barcelona by any measurement going.

As for the appointment, I've a feeling its not going to be plain sailing. That squad needs a lot of work & top players will be put off by them being out of Champions League & nowhere near challenging for a title. Decent manager mind.

Its a big mistake hiring giggs as his no2.

Giggs undermined moyes.

Giggs went on record as stating the squad only needs minor adjustment.

Would you trust a man who fcks his brother's wife?

Anyone associated to Man United would say they're the biggest club in the world, just like anyone associated to any of the EM teams say that either Derby, Forest or Leiester are the biggest in the EM.

Van Gaal is a cracking boss, but defensively, his teams do ship goals.

At Bayern, his team conceded more in his final season season than next boss Jupp Heynckes did in the following two.

I honestly believe players were reluctant to join United under Moyes as they knew his sides play defensive football. But under Van Gaal, players will want to move to United - especially from Holland and Germany.

Still think he's got a tough job on his hands. They're epecting top four, but who out of Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea won't be there next season?

You can guarantee Chelsea and City will be top four, Liverpool's goals alone should be enough and Arsenal bully the PL's lower teams and will get at least 75+ points.

Reckon Van Gaal will have to get 80+ points to make the top four, and for a debut season in the PL, that's a tough ask.

I like the fact there's a battle at the top as well as the bottom of the PL now, so hard to call the top 4 next season but Man Utd with no European distractions must be a favourite to be up there.

Liverpool one season wonders?

Spurs with a few additions could also be serious contenders

If Wenger doesn't splash the cash can see them dropping out

Caught a glimpse of The Sun the other day.

It had Van Gaals "possible 11" for next season.

Has the news slowed up that much that they just guess what transfers a manager might make for a club he's not taken over yet?

Anyway, Robben, Hummels, Reus...

Well the Guardian knew how budget for next season is £10m if we go up, that's some inside source if what McClaren was saying is true that next season hasn't been discussed yet

I thought the club said they were working on lists for the to scenarios?

Anyway back to man utd.

I doubt that they will challenge for the title as that squad needs a lot of work.

At least half the players have to go before they get anywhere.

Archived