Cardiff considering going back to blue....if they get promoted

Day

Cardiff owner Vincent Tan has said for the first time that he is willing to reconsider his decision to change the club's colours from blue to red - but only upon their Premier League return.

The Malaysian businessman also confirmed that he has no plans to walk away from the Bluebirds following their recent relegation to the Championship.

"I would like to focus on getting back to the Premier League and after we are there I will definitely agree to sit down and find a solution - maybe we can have a compromise," said Tan.

"I am not a quitter. I will stay until we get ourselves up and then we will see whether we can work out this colour change and compromise. If we can, maybe I will stay for a long time."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27358728

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Humiliating climb down by mackay and moody who were both forced to apologise to Tan, get no compensation, and pay their own legal bills.

Allow me to translate.

"I made the decision to change to red when we were on the up as I knew 15,000 plastics would easily replace the money lost by a few thousand hardcore fans that felt I'd broken the illusion that the club was there's. Now we're on the way down and this isn't at all like when I played fifa 98 on Playstation, I'm afraid our 15,000 plastics will start drifting away to watch Rugby and I'll be left with our less impressive basic support base. Let's all stick together. Starting from.....NOW"

Expect to see Cardiff fans out in bigger numbers with their violins. Most of which spent last season a bit disappointed at the loss of some identity but compensated by getting to watch Suarez score past them instead of Troy Deeney.

Cardiff are my new QPR. I want to see QPR crash and burn this season. Stupid club ran by a stupid owner, needs to be taken down a peg or two. The only reason I'm concerned about possibly facing them in the final is that I so want them to stay down, and I'd be doubly gutted if we lost.

And next season will be the same. Stupid owners. Piss me right off. So I hope he throws a bunch of money at it, like Fawaz, and it still goes all Pete Tong for them, and Forest and Cardiff are battling it out for fourth from bottom. It's clubs like us and Burnley and, to lesser extent Leicester (who tried the stupid owner route, and failed, and, to be fair to him, the stupid owner got smart and learnt from his mistakes), that deserve to be promoted. Cardiff, and Vincent Tan, can **** off.

PS It's not foreign owners I dislike, that would make me a hypocrite, just stupid owners.

Cardiff are my new QPR. I want to see QPR crash and burn this season. Stupid club ran by a stupid owner, needs to be taken down a peg or two. The only reason I'm concerned about possibly facing them in the final is that I so want them to stay down, and I'd be doubly gutted if we lost.

And next season will be the same. Stupid owners. Piss me right off. So I hope he throws a bunch of money at it, like Fawaz, and it still goes all Pete Tong for them, and Forest and Cardiff are battling it out for fourth from bottom. It's clubs like us and Burnley and, to lesser extent Leicester (who tried the stupid owner route, and failed, and, to be fair to him, the stupid owner got smart and learnt from his mistakes), that deserve to be promoted. Cardiff, and Vincent Tan, can **** off.

PS It's not foreign owners I dislike, that would make me a hypocrite, just stupid owners.

What absolute drivel  :lol:

You might have had a point if you hadn't said Leicester deserve to go up. Didn' they spend 12m in one season and fail to be promoted? As bad as anyone for that

What absolute drivel  :lol:

You might have had a point if you hadn't said Leicester deserve to go up. Didn' they spend 12m in one season and fail to be promoted? As bad as anyone for that

Precisely. They failed to get promoted when they did that. They got the Hollywood manager in, the big money signings and they failed miserably. How we laughed. Then they got a bit smarter, got a good, more suitable manager back and set some more realistic expectations, not expecting to buy their way to the premier league on the first attempt, but to work their way up over a few seasons. A lot more sensible. Burnley, and of course us, are more deserving, that's why I said 'to a lesser extent', but Leicester are a damn site more deserving than QPR, Forest or, to get back on topic, Cardiff.

PS Funny how Forest followed the same model as Leicester. Ex-England manager, massive cheque book, failed miserably, so let's go back to a previous manager who had a bit of success last time. Only that's where it all went right for Leicester, and wrong for Forest.

Heard on Talk sport earlier Cardiff got more "prize" money for finishing bottom (50m) of the Prem than Man Utd did the previous year for winning it! More than Bayern Munich. That new tv deal is worth a season in the prem! No pressure then!

Archived