Kappa

Day

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

please feel free to correct me if i.m wrong but Its my understanding that the kit makers bid for the right to make the kit. Their offer based on future merchandise sales. So the highest bidder could just as easily be Nike. Adidas.or Le Coq Sportif.

I also thought that Umbro was bought out by Nike and slowly but surely the Umbro kits are turning intio Nike kits,for example.Man City and England.

In my opinion it will remain Kappa until 2017/18 but its always interesting to see what the new kit will look like. I do like this seasons home and away, but not the thunderbird kit.

We signed a five year deal with Kappa.

They have the rights to all the merchandising for those five years and presumably paid the club a decent wedge for that, with possibly an extra percentage on top for each sale.

The staff in the shop are employed by Kappa.

It's like the food and corporate hospitality, sold off to the highest bidder to have the cash up front.

If DCFC want a new kit supplier they would have to break the contract with Kappa and presumably pay them off. Or, maybe Kappa have said they can't make it pay and will/have come to an amicable agreement with the club to part company.

We signed a five year deal with Kappa.

They have the rights to all the merchandising for those five years and presumably paid the club a decent wedge for that, with possibly an extra percentage on top for each sale.

The staff in the shop are employed by Kappa.

It's like the food and corporate hospitality, sold off to the highest bidder to have the cash up front.

If DCFC want a new kit supplier they would have to break the contract with Kappa and presumably pay them off. Or, maybe Kappa have said they can't make it pay and will/have come to an amicable agreement with the club to part company.

Or there is a promotion calls use

Or there is a buy out figure - which could be paid using the extra revenue a premiership deal could bring.

Archived