Kappa

Day

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care too much about the kit manufacturer in general. What I care about is the prices agreed. Give us a £20 shirt. I guarantee they would make more profit than if they sold the shirt at £40. 

I guarantee that the people who have been producing and selling replica kits for the last few decades would guarantee that they wouldn't.

I guarantee that the people who have been producing and selling replica kits for the last few decades would guarantee that they wouldn't.

That is the problem. Us fans know though. Even the ones willing to spend £40. They would go out and then also get the away shirt and probably also the second away shirt. So someone who was willing to spend £40 on one but not £80 on two, goes out and spends at least £40 on two and possibly goes for spending £60 on all three. 

That is the problem. Us fans know though. Even the ones willing to spend £40. They would go out and then also get the away shirt and probably also the second away shirt. So someone who was willing to spend £40 on one but not £80 on two, goes out and spends at least £40 on two and possibly goes for spending £60 on all three.

I'm not one for wearing a shirt but if they bought out three kits and did a deal say £90/100 for 3 kits would be fairly happy with that ( for adult sizes obviously and if I had pennies in the first place!)

That's only in theory though - the fact that no club/manufacturer seems to agree with you sort of tells me that it might not work like that in practice.

That's only in theory though - the fact that no club/manufacturer seems to agree with you sort of tells me that it might not work like that in practice.

Because they do not really care about the smaller clubs. Because our caption area is literally 10 miles within the stadium. Where as teams like Man U can sell millions world wide. Millions to fans who do not have the chance to go to matches so they are willing to pay the extra money to have something connected to the club they love and support. If all football league clubs shirts cost half that of the Big clubs then the fans of the big clubs would also demand cheaper shirts. The reason being is because we don't get our own kit designed. The big clubs get a kit designed and then all the other clubs get slight alterations or the designs that did not make the final cut. We would be paying half as much for a product that cost the same to produce. Football league clubs best hopes of cheaper shirts is better negotiations on their behalf by the club and smaller manufacturers and brands. As it is the industry is practically a duopoly. 

Archived