2014 World Snooker Championship

CumbrianRam

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of a **** day for Ronnie yesterday...

Ronnie O'Sullivan and his son were involved in a car crash as they travelled home from the snooker ace's defeat in the world championship final.

The five-times world champion and six-year-old Ronnie Jnr were travelling in an Audi R8 sports car.

Both were unhurt in the crash, which happened on the M1 near Leicester at about 01:30 BST.

It is believed they freed themselves from the wreckage and were said to be left "shaken".

The crash came just hours after the 38-year-old lost the final to Leicester's Mark Selby by 18 frames to 14 at the Crucible theatre in Sheffield.

A police spokeswoman confirmed that an adult and child were involved in a crash on the motorway's southbound carriageway.

Weather conditions are thought to have been poor at the time as they passed Selby's hometown of Leicester on the way to O'Sullivan's home in Chigwell, Essex.

O'Sullivan said after the final that he had "never been in such a good place" despite the defeat.

He said: "[selby] out-fought me, out-battled me and I've got no complaints. I fought my hardest."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-27293243

Archived