Chesterfield v Derby County

David

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Full Time

Chesterfield 2 - 1 Derby

Before we start slitting our wrists, other results from today's friendlies.........

Barnet 2 - 2 Arsenal (Barazite got one)

Cheltenham 1 - 1 Bristol City

Kettering 2 - 1 Reading

Match Report

[url=http://www.dcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~1726465,00.html]http://www.dcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1726465,00.html

Oh dear ! Green and Teale injured - please get rid of McEverley and Pearson they are ***** !

Sav ran his heart out as usual, Buxton looks good - made a couple of errors - but when he did he impressed me by never giving up and always tried to win it back- he was knackered by 70 mns. Barker was at fault for their 1st goal and made a few mistakes - to be expected i suppose - Varney was crap ! it's no use playing a lone striker it doesnt work. Croft was brilliant - he has pace as well ! best man on the pitch ! does anyone know who Crosby was shouting at near the end ? he was v loud and shouted at the top of his voice 'you are absolutely useless' and the whole stand burst out laughing - but i don't know who it was aimed at a guess McEvereley or Connolly ? Where was Kisnorbo ? and Porter ? Kisnorbo was supposed to play :confused: Moxey did ok, Pringle looks good. First half was good - Second half was dreadfull ! - Barnes got a few muted boo's when he came on and didn't really do a lot - no one did to be fair second half. Most entertaining bit was taking the pee out of there goalie 1st half.

absolutly asbismal second half first half i thought wed go on to get 2 0r 3 more, but not to happen, i dint think buxton was that good, but everythingg else vicky said is near enough bang on, and i got to touch the4 ball in the first half,

thought croft was also very good, gave there full backa horrible time didnt really get enough of the ball second half

and crosby, well ithought it was cause they had a player about 10yards offside, and the linesman missed it, quite how i have no idea but i thouight was it, was nice to see how passionate him and then clough got when we where playing ***** in a friendly

also got some good banter from bywater in the second half, and the highlight was taking the piss out off crossley first half

Buxton wasn't that good you are right - he was just ok - but what i meant was when he made a mistake he tried his hardest to get the ball back - he didn't just give up - that's what i liked - shame about Barker don't you think Barrman ? i was hoping he would impress today - but i suppose i am being a bit harsh.

I went to the game today.

First half, I thought we played really well. Passing and movement were excellent. Thought Croft looked really good, had pace and could get past his man comfortably. Probably should have been two or three up by half-time.

We made a couple of changes at half-time with Barker coming on. He got done by their left winger on the inside who then crossed for one of their players to tap in. He then completely misjudged a header which subsequently went over his head - had their striker been better we may have been punished. After that mistake - he looked alright. Not going to judge because he only got a half.

I thought Pringle did well when he came on for Green. I also thought Pearo did alright - very pacy and played some good balls.

Moxey was too high up the pitch in the first half and at times it was more a back three with a wing back. Think he's more a left winger than a left back.

Thought Buxton got better as the game progressed. Was strong and cleared away pretty much everything.

For me, Croft was the star man though. As I've said above, he easily went past his marker and looked good on the ball. Very intelligent player by the looks of things.

Shame about the result but it's only our second pre-season game - nothing to worry about. If we can play as we did in the first half (when the players were fit and fresh) then we're in for some entertaining matches next season.

Archived