NHL

Cisse

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got pretty hooked whilst in Vancouver. I watched the Canucks a few times, one of my best friends is Czech so we were watching all of the Olympic gaes whilst there too...

It's a fantatsic sport, and would be my number one if I lived in the States - well if the State had a team.

Funnily enough I never really took to the Canucks because at the time they played a really defensive style despite having quality players like the Sedins. 

I got hooked on Chicago's fast all-out-attack style but felt guilty going for a club which isn't a 'West-Coaster' despite being in the Western Division.

So the closest I could get to fast style plus West Coast was the Anaheim Ducks. Only problem they have is being 'California-based' they're hardly popular because of the weather.

I love America though. If I was rich and could choose to live anywhere in the US, it would probably take me a year to decide given how many fascinating places there are.

Jacina is a great player, although I'm basing this on the quality of the eihl!

Jacina should be a star there. While playing here he had difficulties with injuries but I believe he could have done the job here too if he had found the right line for himself.

I think it's great. Just a shame it's on early hours of the morning or you have to subscribe to yet another channel to watch it. Not even a highlights package anywhere. It was the only thing I watched when the Winter Olympics was on.

I think it's great. Just a shame it's on early hours of the morning or you have to subscribe to yet another channel to watch it. Not even a highlights package anywhere. It was the only thing I watched when the Winter Olympics was on.

NHL.com have highlights, goals and round-ups etc. and it's free to watch

I went to watch Manchester Phoneix yesterday, 2nd division in this country i think, and had a great time.

Cheap tickets, beer, food and a really good atmosphere. I would have put the quality on par with the University league games i watched whilst in Canada last year.

I try and watch a few NHL games over here but it's a struggle seeing the whole match through at 2am three times a week. 

I don't have those pay channels so I don't see a lot NHL nowadays. I remember fondly the mid 80's when Sky Channel used to show once a week a match usually by Edmonton Oilers. Gretzky, Kurri, Messier, Coffey, Fuhr, Anderson and the lot. It was awesome.

NHL.com have highlights, goals and round-ups etc. and it's free to watch

Yeah I watch some on my NHL/Anaheim Ducks app but it'll be nice to see it on the TV & not some dodgy website on the laptop! I'm no expert on the game but I got the general idea of it since playing EA's NHL '92 on me Mega Drive as a teenager!

Ice Hockey is legitimately brilliant. It's got everything that's good about America and American sport. It's aggressive, fast, entertaining and very skillful.

I got into it a few years ago and started following a few of the New York Rangers games, the team I always picked on the NHL game. I've considered going to watch the Panthers but I struggle to bring myself to support any team from Nottingham in all honesty, one thing that's bad about it.

I've played actual Hockey to a decent level and always thought that if I could ice skate I'd be all right at it (my best friend is a Team GB synchro skater so I would have someone to teach me). Wouldn't know how to go about joining a team or anything though.

My second favourite sport after football.

LOVE Ice Hockey, Leafs fan here though. (Unsure why)

Been following since about 2005, just before I left school, keep up to date alot around the leafs camp, but not so much on the overall NHL other than point leaders/tables etc. Watch alot of games as I barely sleep, cricfree.tv show almost every game for streaming online.. 

Plus anyone with a smartphone, the NHL app is free and includes highlights for free, and they're always up by the time I'm at work the next day!

Been to a couple of Panthers games, but can tell the level of hockey is alot lower than the NHL. Still a very good night out though, looking forward to the playoffs soon!

Archived