NHL

Cisse

I love the draft picks and how teams can go from being very bad to very good within a few years..

From around 2007/08 Pittsburg Penguins were absolutely terrible. Then they get Crosby, along with Malkin and they're all of a sudden one of the best.

This year I can't look beyind another Boston/Chicago showdown... Both have been the best over the past two years or so.

Since I've followed it the only teams to be consistently crap are Edmonton (who have an awesome history), Florida Panthers (why is there an Ice Hockey team in this State I don't know) and Carolina (who are like the Middlesbrough of football)

Washington Capitals despite having arguably the greatest player during my llifetime in Ovechkin have continued to disappoint.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

St Loius and the Ducks have looked really good this year, think it will be really interesting to see who actually wins on the west, think east is Boston's to lose though personally!

Also really looking forward going to a saturday Panthers match! 

St Loius and the Ducks have looked really good this year, think it will be really interesting to see who actually wins on the west, think east is Boston's to lose though personally!

No more Saturday games this season though. Got to wait ageesssss :(. Although challenge cup final against the giants could be interesting. Can see the giants completing the grand slam though. They look unstoppable this season.

I follow the Ducks (don't know why) and they've just lost their fourth in a row (although 2 were shoot out losses) latest one 7-2 to the Flames! Sharks now only 2 pts behind in the Pacific. Got £5 on them to win the Stanley Cup @8/1.

SJ Sharks are experienced, but IMO lack speed and aggression to win the Stanley Cup..

Since I've followed NHL (admittedly not long - around 5 years) they've consistently been up there as one of the best on the West Coast.. But overall, they've always fallen just short.

I've barely seen St Louis play this season - I don't know much about them at all.

If you were to make a West Coast vs East Coast side - who do you think would win?

I've got to go for the east, despite Chicago, SJ and Canucks (Sedins) having decent players... A mix of a Penguins, Bruins (Defence) and Caps (Well Ovechkin) side would be leathal.

One of the most entertaning and unpredictable teams in the league for me is Montreal... Last season in the playoffs they were great to watch, though not as exciting as the Boston vs Toronto series - that final game... wow.

SJ Sharks are experienced, but IMO lack speed and aggression to win the Stanley Cup..

Since I've followed NHL (admittedly not long - around 5 years) they've consistently been up there as one of the best on the West Coast.. But overall, they've always fallen just short.

I've barely seen St Louis play this season - I don't know much about them at all.

If you were to make a West Coast vs East Coast side - who do you think would win?

I've got to go for the east, despite Chicago, SJ and Canucks (Sedins) having decent players... A mix of a Penguins, Bruins (Defence) and Caps (Well Ovechkin) side would be leathal.

One of the most entertaning and unpredictable teams in the league for me is Montreal... Last season in the playoffs they were great to watch, though not as exciting as the Boston vs Toronto series - that final game... wow.

That final game had me singing to high heavens then practically crying!! Can see it happening this year with derby! 

Gotta think the line of Kessel, Bozak and JVR from the leafs in the east team would be pretty interesting to see vs the west! One of the most productive in the NHL. 

Suck about the Panthers too, hopefully will get to a game this year, but highly doubting it due to work! 

Every team has their dip, still think the Ducks is a good shout for the Stanley cup too! 

I naturally follow how the Ducks are doing since Selänne is there. I just don't believe their defense is sound enough defensively in the play offs. Although the game has changed a lot in the time I have been following it I still feel there are certain kinds of players and player types that you need to win the cup. And the Ducks lack them. I think Blackhawks or Blues will beat them in the Conference finals.

Errr, so great is getting beat 4-1 in the first round by Ottawa, being an Ottawa fan it was great to watch!!

Errr, so great is getting beat 4-1 in the first round by Ottawa, being an Ottawa fan it was great to watch!!

They lost 4-1 yes, but they were still great to watch.. Well, if you take out the thrashings (which I didn't watch)

I remember in one of the games Ottawa performed an awesome comeback and won it in overtime... That game ultimately changed the series, should have been 2-2 and ended up 3-1

They lost 4-1 yes, but they were still great to watch.. Well, if you take out the thrashings (which I didn't watch)

I remember in one of the games Ottawa performed an awesome comeback and won it in overtime... That game ultimately changed the series, should have been 2-2 and ended up 3-1

They were NOT great to watch they were a # 2 seed getting stuffed 4 games to 1 by a # 7 seed with THREE of those five games on home ice with last change, face off advantage etc etc.. They were out-coached and outplayed. They were appalling to watch, you didn't even watch the thrashings. Find me a Habs fan who says that series was great to watch!!? If you are in a hole stop digging!

They were NOT great to watch they were a # 2 seed getting stuffed 4 games to 1 by a # 7 seed with THREE of those five games on home ice with last change, face off advantage etc etc.. They were out-coached and outplayed. They were appalling to watch, you didn't even watch the thrashings. Find me a Habs fan who says that series was great to watch!!? If you are in a hole stop digging!

I can assure you I'm not a Montreal fan - hell I barely watched them play...

But that series I thoroughly enjoyed the games I saw. I watched a few of the others, such as the LA vs St Louis series and SJ vs Vancouver series and they were nothing...

Why would it matter where they finished in the regular season? Montreal's attacking game was for more exciting than some of the defensive teams around...

Just like someone like Blackpool were far more entertaining in the PL than Blackburn

I can assure you I'm not a Montreal fan - hell I barely watched them play...

But that series I thoroughly enjoyed the games I saw. I watched a few of the others, such as the LA vs St Louis series and SJ vs Vancouver series and they were nothing...

Why would it matter where they finished in the regular season? Montreal's attacking game was for more exciting than some of the defensive teams around...

Just like someone like Blackpool were far more entertaining in the PL than Blackburn

Bris my initial comment was in response to you saying that they were great to watch in the playoffs last year. The fact is that they were not. As you were a neutral watching that series, I am surprised that you did not think the underdog Ottawa were great to watch, as Montreal were the heavy favourite, the second ranked team in the conference, with expectations to move on easily, however they failed miserably in that regard losing 4 games out of 5. Ottawa however was supposed to be rolled over easily, but actually played the more exhilarating hockey and pulled off quite the upset.

I have been wondering long time what the hell is Oilers doing. They have gathered these talented youngsters on their offense and their defense isn't up the standards. Why don't they trade one of those young guns for a franchise defenseman and make the team more balanced ?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived