NHL

Cisse

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish the eihl in the UK was on a par with the nhl! I'm surprised ice hockey isn't more popular in this country. Its fast paced skillful and violent, tickets are cheap too. I'm starting to get into NHL now I understand the rules.

I wish football could adopt the draft system and salary cap used in the nhl.

I wish the eihl in the UK was on a par with the nhl! I'm surprised ice hockey isn't more popular in this country. Its fast paced skillful and violent, tickets are cheap too. I'm starting to get into NHL now I understand the rules.

I wish football could adopt the draft system and salary cap used in the nhl.

I like the draft system too. Good teams can always be good if run correctly but the poor ones have a chance to turn things around completely in a few years. I have been following NHL for 35 years and in that time Islanders, Oilers, Penguins, Devils and Red wings have had dynasties. and 10 other teams have won at least once. That's sports for ya.

I like the draft system too. Good teams can always be good if run correctly but the poor ones have a chance to turn things around completely in a few years. I have been following NHL for 35 years and in that time Islanders, Oilers, Penguins, Devils and Red wings have had dynasties. and 10 other teams have won at least once. That's sports for ya.

It gives everyone a chance. You could finish bottom two years in a row and get 1st draft, a few years later you could have two of the best players in the world and win the league. I've decided to follow the Av's because they picked me first draft on nhl 14 game.

Been to a few Nottingham Panthers games and loved it. I was hoping derby would get a team but now they've built a velodrome it's unlikely they'll build an ice stadium too.

I've been thinking about visiting a Panthers game while being there. I know there have been a couple of players from our league. And Jari Kurri visited there a couple of years ago. He was awesome when he played. Av's have a chance with Landeskog and Mckinnon to build a great team.

I've been thinking about visiting a Panthers game while being there. I know there have been a couple of players from our league. And Jari Kurri visited there a couple of years ago. He was awesome when he played. Av's have a chance with Landeskog and Mckinnon to build a great team.

I've always had a good night whenever I've been to see panthers. They get around 5000 fans a game which is great compared to a lot of the teams in the league. Nottingham ice arena is a good venue too despite being in shotinam. It'd be great if british ice hockey could get a similar following to other countries on the continent but people just dont seem to take to it. Yeah Av's are decent. Its a tight league though, which id great. Prefer it to be tight than the same teams winning every year.

It'll take time to get a fan base in ice hockey there because football is so huge. It would be a big help if people could follow NHL games weekly. Someone always get hooked in. Next time talk your friends with you.

Yeah, planning on going to see Panthers vs Flyers tomorrow and taking my cousin. He's only 14 so hopefully he'll love it and start going with his mates.

I was hooked after 1 game (which panthers lost) then next game they beat rivals sheffield steelers 5-2 in front of a sell out 7000 crowd. Absolutely loved it.

What's the finnish league like?

It used to be really good in the 90's. Now all the talent is in NHL and KHL which is mostly Russian teams. We still have a decent league which is a lot better than in England. But the game is much more defensive and more dull than you guys have since there you have more room for errors. For me NHL has always been the ONE. Love it.

Yeah. NHL is way above the rest in terms of quality. Only the khl comes anywhere near. If you look at the quality of national teams it's obvious that british ice hockey is nowhere near the quality in the rest of Europe. I went to school with a guy who is in the gb ice hockey team. He's played in the USA and now (still only 22) for panthers.

Archived