Nigel Clough

mcsilks

Nigel Clough  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No.

I'll post it on a forum that is specifically designed for Football Talk.

That is what it is is it not? Football talk?

If another manager did a similar feat then I would post it up. Just because it's Clough makes it more poignant.

I look forward to your in praise of billy Davies thread.

Or perhaps it's already there and I missed it.

Not quite sure why you'd like me to praise Billy but.....

When and if Billy Davies takes charge of a struggling Leauge One side and guides them to safety on the top of an FA Cup run where he beats two Premiership sides and a top Championship side I'll start one.

haha superb reply!

Congrats Nigel.

Colchester, Shrewsbury, Gillingham, Bristol City and MK Dons are as tough as it gets in that league.

Shame about the 2-1 defeat to the bottom side, and the 3-0 defeat to the side in 21st just before that run.

I've always said that Nigel Clough is an average to good Championship manager. I'd expect his abilities to make him an excellent League One manager, he is showing signs of this. But:

People haven't failed or refused to recognise achievement just because they don't bleat on about it at every opportunity.

To claim this run shows Nigel is a 'top manager' is stretching it, a fair bit - people will naturally disagree with this because it's far fetched.

Pointing out that it's far fetched, and putting up an alternate viewpoint to the original post isn't deriding his achievement, it's putting it into perspective, something certain people on here appear to have completely lost all sense of.

Congrats Nigel.

Colchester, Shrewsbury, Gillingham, Bristol City and MK Dons are as tough as it gets in that league.

Shame about the 2-1 defeat to the bottom side, and the 3-0 defeat to the side in 21st just before that run.

Add in Fulham and Forest and it looks a bit better though.

Surely to win 7 games in a row at any level is a fairly decent achievement.

Or is Sheff Wed, Bournemouth, Wigan, Boro, Blackpool, Charlton and Donny as tough as it gets in THIS league?

Happy for him, happy for us.

The sacking was probably the best thing that could have happened to all parties involved, we're going to make the play-offs comfortably and they'll be looking to go up next year.

Nothing to cry about, Jesus, all it is is talking about our ex-manager who's deservedly doing well.

Whichever jerkoff of an admin added the 'x' in the title thread kindly remove it.

It wasn't there when I started the thread.

I do not particularly want it there and quite honestly, whoever put it there shouldn't be admin.

Cisse. It's the fact that Admin actually edit what we write.

Who the **** do they think they are?

My posts have been edited quite a lot. Sometimes for good sometimes for bad but my in my opinion there is nothing on this forum that should be taken too seriously. If I could (if I were an admin :p ) I would forbid people getting mad by anything written on here. There are real problems out there.

Try to enjoy yourself even though it's like a zoo here sometimes.

No.

I'll post it on a forum that is specifically designed for Football Talk.

That is what it is is it not? Football talk?

If another manager did a similar feat then I would post it up. Just because it's Clough makes it more poignant.

I look forward to your Russ Wilcox thread who's led Ssausagehorpe to about 18 unbeaten. 

Archived