Transfer Money Compared to Season Ticket Holders

morley

Just started this post as i am becoming worried that Derbys lack of money spent in the transfer market upto now (and yes i know the season has not started yet) but wonder with say 20,000 plus season ticket holders for next season is the board taking the money and giving pittence back to Clough to spend? All in all large season ticket holders naff all for transfer budget or will the Yanks claim....we are still paying debts off?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by morley;22689

Just started this post as i am becoming worried that Derbys lack of money spent in the transfer market upto now (and yes i know the season has not started yet) but wonder with say 20,000 plus season ticket holders for next season is the board taking the money and giving pittence back to Clough to spend? All in all large season ticket holders naff all for transfer budget or will the Yanks claim....we are still paying debts off?

I would imagine Clough has been given the money to play about with. But has not chosen to look above. He's looking for lower league talent mostly. The yanks are doing a great job, and a board that i actualy trust for a change, genuinely decent people. We are still paying the debts off and will be for years to come but its dropping per 6 months i think they said at the fans forum, there were a few tricky questions aimed at them and they replied without hesitance, using figures of money aswell.

lets face it they have trusted previous management, who spent alot, so now there keeping a better reign on fees, smart business sense in my eyes, and we have a big squad it needs trimming so though thats going against, all evidence that ive seen is there investing in youth or paying of the debts a little quicker you cant fault them for that

Originally posted by BARRman;22704

lets face it they have trusted previous management, who spent alot, so now there keeping a better reign on fees, smart business sense in my eyes, and we have a big squad it needs trimming so though thats going against, all evidence that ive seen is there investing in youth or paying of the debts a little quicker you cant fault them for that

But how long will they keep paying the debts off for....20 years or so?......i do not want to say it but i might just see 24,000 season ticket holders after a few years saying oh well another £4 million tospend but gotta get rid of 5 players beforehand..........With all the money that Derby have from the Season ticket holders i think they can spend more than that

Board ---------Innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn !!

I trust them - and as Matty says - they answer any question put to them without hesitation i think they have done a lot for the club - no they havn't put pots and pots of money in but they have done it in other ways and we already knew there would not be much to spend in this transfer window and the debt IS coming down.

I don't think we have anything to worry about with this board. They have serious business people backing them, they have professionalism to a whole new level on the corporate side of the business and, ultimately, it is Nigel Clough that makes the decisions on who he wants to buy and sell.

I have just written a piece on the blog about this very topic.

[url=http://martinblogs.co.uk/ramballs/2009/07/11/comment-investment-in-football/]http://martinblogs.co.uk/ramballs/2009/07/...nt-in-football/

I can certainly understand why fans would be sceptical given the role of the tghree amigos in recent year but don't see GSE being anything like that bunch of crooks.

Originally posted by tealeisgod;22710

As opposed to what? Not paying the debt off?

The sooner people realise that debts have to be paid the sooner this country will start pulling itself out of the ****.

Good post you need to post more often!

If I spent all of my student overdraft on beer, what should I do? Find a job and pay the money back or get a credit card so I can buy more beer? That's the mistake the country has made in terms of that analogy.

For Derby likewise, we cannot afford to sign players when we are in debt. Even the pittence Billy spent on Miller, Earnshaw and Clod cost us big. We just have to be frugal and sign the cheapest players we can. CCC teams are very protective of their players and prices are getting higher. Season tickets don't generate huge amounts of money when expenses such as maintenance and wages go back out of the club.

Archived