Harry to get sacked?

Day

QUEENS Park Rangers are considering sacking manager Harry Redknapp according to reports.

The Times says Redknapp's position is under threat after a run of three successive defeats.

One of those was against Championship promotion rivals Derby County, who have leapfrogged the London club into third place.

QPR's owners are desperate for a swift return to the Premier League.

Michael Laudrup, recently sacked by Swansea, has emerged as a potential replacement for Redknapp.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-s-promotion-rivals-QPR-sack-manager/story-20690547-detail/story.html#ixzz2uFQzIhO0

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only is QPR still QPR, they'll soon be post-Redknapp QPR. That's a double-poisoned chalice.

It's the cyclical nature of the universe. Since the turn of the millennium, clubs like QPR have become very fashionable to rich owners and despite being horrendously mismanaged, they've still been able to capitalise on a disastrous period for some bigger clubs, particularly in the Midlands.

If they don't go back up this season, they'll end up in League 2 before you know it, just like Portsmouth.

I won't miss them. Ever since Flavio Briatore came in I've hated QPR. I don't like their fans much either - they never seem to back their team properly.

It will be one fewer competitor in the great Premier League rat race for clubs like us, just like Bolton, Blackburn and Portsmouth have sank. Fulham will join them before long.

Archived