Winter Olympics In Sochi Russia

Curtains

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russia and Putin can kiss my jacksie. Im in protest about these games. Its akin to Berlin olympics..show of might, strength and little else.

These games need a Jessie Owens...oh wait..its white hockey. The world most supremist sport. Total bollo#cs. Not much chance of anyone daring to upset Vlad is there.

Never seen the NBA then?

McHale

Bird

Mikan

Maravich

Havlicek

Jerry West

To name but a few white NBA legendary players. All probably in the All Time top 100 list.

With theexception of Herb Carnegie ( who wasnt allowed to turn pro in USA due to his skin colour) name me one black ice hockey player who would get in an All Time greats list?

I think im on safe ground to say there has never been more than 70 black pro players in the history of the game.

McHale

Bird

Mikan

Maravich

Havlicek

Jerry West

To name but a few white NBA legendary players. All probably in the All Time top 100 list.

With theexception of Herb Carnegie ( who wasnt allowed to turn pro in USA due to his skin colour) name me one black ice hockey player who would get in an All Time greats list?

I think im on safe ground to say there has never been more than 70 black pro players in the history of the game.

Iginla

All Time greats? Iginla? Hmmmm....dunno about that. But even if I give him that honour its still a poor poor showing for black players in ice hockey.

I was quoted at above as " have i seen NBA?" which alude to the poster Mr Grimbeard suggestion that the numbers are similar in Basketball to Ice Hockey in being almost totally one colour dominated. Its not anywhere near the same.

Even in amatuer basketball in Europe there is a decent mixture of white kids playing alongside blacks, yellow. Come to Stockholm and look at our kids outdoor hockey facilities and see the ratio!!

See above Cisse. All Time Greats. These guys not even close. And how TF anyone can even try to argue my point is beyond me.

There are of course other sports ( cycling, swimming,F1 golf) that have a long history of non black participation but even Golf has seen Woods and Singh rise to the very top and Hamilton in F1.

Winter Olympics sports have an awful long way to go.

All Time greats? Iginla? Hmmmm....dunno about that. But even if I give him that honour its still a poor poor showing for black players in ice hockey.

I was quoted at above as " have i seen NBA?" which alude to the poster Mr Grimbeard suggestion that the numbers are similar in Basketball to Ice Hockey in being almost totally one colour dominated. Its not anywhere near the same.

Even in amatuer basketball in Europe there is a decent mixture of white kids playing alongside blacks, yellow. Come to Stockholm and look at our kids outdoor hockey facilities and see the ratio!!

Iginla is a future Hall Of Famer. There are black players, Indians, Asians and Eskimos in NHL. If you are good enough you can play NHL.

I doubt that there are many black kids in Arizona wild about ice hockey. I don't care what colour the player are as long as they can play. The thing is that players from countries like Finland and Czech are bound to be white.

And who the heck are Mchale, Mikan, Maravich and Havlicek ?

I agree with you Stocks. Here in Canada it is ridiculous the ratio too. But it is unbelievably expensive and pricing so many out of even thinking about playing that there are hardly any (perhaps except the Subbans) to serve as examples for kids to follow. For the top level at my youngest's age group (13yo), you are looking at $7,500 before you include hotel and out of town costs for tournaments. It is nuts. 

I doubt that there are many black kids in Arizona wild about ice hockey. I don't care what colour the player are as long as they can play. The thing is that players from countries like Finland and Czech are bound to be white.

And who the heck are Mchale, Mikan, Maravich and Havlicek ?

Why are they "bound' to be white? We have immigration in Finland and Sweden. These immigrants have been very fast to join in football, athletics, martial arts, boxing etc... Why not hockey?

Archived