Oldham fan stabbed after FA Cup match with Liverpool

Day

An Oldham Athletic fan was stabbed after watching his team play Liverpool in the FA Cup on Sunday.

Merseyside Police said the 35-year-old man flagged down a passing ambulance in the Anfield area after a disturbance at about 17:00 GMT.

A spokesman said the fan, whose injuries were not life-threatening, is refusing to talk to detectives.

Police have appealed to other fans and passing motorists for information. Liverpool won the third round tie 2-0.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...eyside-25619028

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i despise this side of football, yet some people seem to get a kick out of it. Is there a "football violence fetish" we need to know about?

What has this got to do with football? Its just mindless thugs out to cause trouble.

fair point, i suppose its just the media

30 or 40 years ago was a completely different story. Unfortunately mud sticks.

You still get some idiots who just turn up for a punch up, but them same idiots are looking for a fight if they are out in town, if anyone looks at them, if anyone looks at their shadow...its nothing to do with the football

And I thought that scousers in particularly Liverpool fans were the salt of the earth..!!?

Whatever happened one thing for sure, it won't be their fault....as the song goes, it never is..

a scouser was juggling bricks, the bus mounted the pavement and the bricks went everywhere smashing bus windows.

Drove past a spot of bother outside William Hill/whatever taxis after our match. Officers lining lads up, filming and taking pictures etc.

Looked to me like we ran Chelsea out of town with our scraves and flanges.

Probably they found someone wearing a half and half scarf.

You sure it wasn't a Stone Island fashion shoot?

Didn't see Utch.

Joking apart, I know it sounds unbelievably sad but it really annoys me what they've done to SI, never seen so much, it was everywhere yesterday! I've packed the rare old stuff in the attic and ebayed the rest.

Archived