Russell out until the end of the month

MrsRam

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gutted for Russell, think it might be a big blow for the coming month.

Don't wanna make this into another 'Wigan were dirty' thread, to me, they got three points and we didn't. But there were some challenges that seemed careless, not malicious or have any intent...but just very careless and misjudged. The headed challenge against Russell was definently one of these. ntent to hurt but dreadful timed

Gutted for Russell, think it might be a big blow for the coming month.

Don't wanna make this into another 'Wigan were dirty' thread, to me, they got three points and we didn't. But there were some challenges that seemed careless, not malicious or have any intent...but just very careless and misjudged. The headed challenge against Russell was definently one of these. ntent to hurt but dreadful timed

So how do you describe the supposed tackle on ward?

To make matters worse there were several occasions in the game when one of theirs went down, and all the players gathered around the ref arguing that Martin had used an elbow.

Utter rubbish....but they tried anything on the day.

I was totally disgusted by them.

So how do you describe the supposed tackle on ward?

To he honest I can't quite remember it, I remember another headed challenge on Eustace which looked a bit suspect and a few other reckless. Again no intent but were just dangerous and irresponsible. Russell's is a prime example because really the player had no need to try and win the ball but anticipate where Russell's header was going.

Not trying to bemoan how Wigan played, but there were a few very unprofessional challenges

To he honest I can't quite remember it, I remember another headed challenge on Eustace which looked a bit suspect and a few other reckless. Again no intent but were just dangerous and irresponsible. Russell's is a prime example because really the player had no need to try and win the ball but anticipate where Russell's header was going.

Not trying to bemoan how Wigan played, but there were a few very unprofessional challenges

The one on Ward by Perch was an assassination attempt.

The one on Ward by Perch was an assassination attempt.

In the second half, down the wing? Had it in my mind that was Russell and I'd blocked out something from the first half haha. I was on other side of the pitch so may have not had best view. From what I remember perchs challenge was quite low and Ward rode the challenge, (which always makes a challenge worse) then perch was booked. I think with ones like that Ward could judge how to take the challenge so not to get injured (or too badly hurt). With Russell's he was flat footed and under the ball, with a player running in on him. Basically he was powerless in that outcome, which is what makes it irresponsible. It was never the Wigan players ball to win

In the second half, down the wing? Had it in my mind that was Russell and I'd blocked out something from the first half haha. I was on other side of the pitch so may have not had best view. From what I remember perchs challenge was quite low and Ward rode the challenge, (which always makes a challenge worse) then perch was booked. I think with ones like that Ward could judge how to take the challenge so not to get injured (or too badly hurt). With Russell's he was flat footed and under the ball, with a player running in on him. Basically he was powerless in that outcome, which is what makes it irresponsible. It was never the Wigan players ball to win

The Ward challenge was quite cynical - the ball had long gone.

Re Russell, I was amazed that the referee didn't see that the Wigan player had led with his arm.

Is he the new Steve Davies ?

And more importantly (Shackell-watch) is he married ?!

I was thinking that. Savies had a lot of unrelated injuries that were all down to bad luck, hopefully this'll be the last for Johnny.

Didn't Savies suffer a fractured cheekbone as well? Just before Jewell left I think it was.

Haven't seen it again but didn't their player go down with a head injury too? I thought it was a clash of heads but I couldn't have been any further away from it in the SWU...

I thought Ed Dawes said it was a clash of heads on the radio tbf.

Archived