Nick Griffin

StaffsRam

Declared bankrupt. 

British National Party (BNP) leader Nick Griffin MEP has been declared bankrupt.

A bankruptcy order was made at Welshpool County Court on Thursday.

Mr Griffin tweeted: "Being bankrupt does NOT prevent me being or standing as an MEP. It does free me from financial worries."

He added: "I am now turning the experience to the benefit of hard-up constituents by producing a booklet on dealing with debt."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25590155

Love his last quote - I'm bankrupt, so that makes me an authority on how to 'deal with debt'. Isn't the point of bankruptcy that you HAVEN'T been able to deal with debt and that you're now shirking all responsibility towards it?!

Perhaps they should make him Chief Financial Officer at Forest.....

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't believe the comments from the BNP Press Officer regarding this, you couldn't make this up.

BNP press officer Simon Darby chatted to the Huffington Post UK about the party leader's financial woes and described how the MEP is being remarkably upbeat about his situation amidst a "pantomime society."

"Look at it this way," he said. "Michael Schumacher has millions in the bank, but he'd do anything to be in Nick's position now wouldn't he," he said.

The former Formula 1 champion is currently fighting for his life in a medically induced coma.

Today incidentally also happens to be his birthday.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/01/03/nick-griffin-bnp-bankrupt_n_4536059.html

Why does it matter if he's bankrupt? Because of who he is? Was he living off the funds or summat? I know plenty of Stokies who used to support them big time who don't bother at all now.

They love a demise don't they, especially one they know most will laugh at. My neighbour has been bankrupt three times and proud, this is his fourth business and I think he's done it this time.

Never supported the BNP but know plenty who did, especially with Stoke being one of its biggest supporting areas.

I have no opinion of him, can see why people can't stand him and can see why you would call him a c*nt, he did say some horrendous things. Then again it was good to hear some of the other things... immigration, multiculturalism, integration, policing, health care, housing. They're just views to me and add variety which like it or not, represent people.

It's impossible for him to deny being racist when there are videos of him and his mates associating with people who need stamping death.

But can't see why his views make his bankruptcy funny.

Never supported the BNP but know plenty who did, especially with Stoke being one of its biggest supporting areas.

I have no opinion of him, can see why people can't stand him and can see why you would call him a c*nt, he did say some horrendous things. Then again it was good to hear some of the other things... immigration, multiculturalism, integration, policing, health care, housing. They're just views to me and add variety which like it or not, represent people.

It's impossible for him to deny being racist when there are videos of him and his mates associating with people who need stamping death.

But can't see why his views make his bankruptcy funny.

I refer you to my previous post.

I think to be an MP in this country you cannot be a declared bankrupt. It's in the rules.

Seens Europe, which I suspect the BNP are against, have less stringent rules.

So it seems that our system of national government has more integrity than the European system.

I think to be an MP in this country you cannot be a declared bankrupt. It's in the rules.

Seens Europe, which I suspect the BNP are against, have less stringent rules.

So it seems that our system of national government has more integrity than the European system.

Loving the irony of someone who hates foreigners looking to 'foreign' parliaments to still let him have a job  

Archived