Derby Team To Play Chelsea

adamdcfc6

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoever is left on the bench out of Ward/Russell/Dawkins will come on at half-time. Can't imagine Ward reacting well to not being picked...

Didn't you go to Barnsley then? Ward didn't start there.

Bottom of the championship

Jose Mourinho's Europa League champions

So what?

What's different about Jamie Ward not starting as opposed to, say, Connor Sammon, Simon Dawkins, Jeff Hendrick or even Califa Cisse? He's a professional footballer who currently plays for Derby County. Everyone will want to start, or to play some part in the game. 

People equate Ward not playing well with throwing a wobbly, being mardy and the like. Someone (and I really can't be arsed to look who) suggested that he might be - or become - a disruptive influence. Where's the evidence? Does it exist anywhere in reality, or is it just someone's imagination?

So what?

What's different about Jamie Ward not starting as opposed to, say, Connor Sammon, Simon Dawkins, Jeff Hendrick or even Califa Cisse? He's a professional footballer who currently plays for Derby County. Everyone will want to start, or to play some part in the game. 

People equate Ward not playing well with throwing a wobbly, being mardy and the like. Someone (and I really can't be arsed to look who) suggested that he might be - or become - a disruptive influence. Where's the evidence? Does it exist anywhere in reality, or is it just someone's imagination?

I vote imagination sir

So what?

Bleeding hell, it's not difficult. This is the game of a lifetime for most of these lads and they'll be busting a gut to start, usual disgruntlement and frustration at not starting will be multiplied exponentially. Lots of people on here talked about him stropping against Ipswich and that's not the first time, just the most recent. He's a flair player and he plays with his heart on his sleeve, so who knows how he'd feel about Dawkins, a loanee, being picked over him for the club he's served for years. I did use the word imagine but we can only go on how he portrays himself on the pitch, which is of a player with a temper. Seen him get into small scuffles off the ball (few with Forest, if my memory serves) and throw himself into a tackle rashly when that players previously tackled him. So don't go up in arms when people reckon he's a stropper because people think he strops on the pitch, it's a ******* internet forum! What do you expect? There are going to be conspiracy theories and such like, part of the experience of being a fan.

what's more important league or a glamour tie all the players will want to play but s mc has to put league first. we are only one division below to hear some talk you would thought we were non league.we should want to see the likes of Chelsea every week in the league the leicester game is far more important .

Bleeding hell, it's not difficult. This is the game of a lifetime for most of these lads and they'll be busting a gut to start, usual disgruntlement and frustration at not starting will be multiplied exponentially. Lots of people on here talked about him stropping against Ipswich and that's not the first time, just the most recent. He's a flair player and he plays with his heart on his sleeve, so who knows how he'd feel about Dawkins, a loanee, being picked over him for the club he's served for years. I did use the word imagine but we can only go on how he portrays himself on the pitch, which is of a player with a temper. Seen him get into small scuffles off the ball (few with Forest, if my memory serves) and throw himself into a tackle rashly when that players previously tackled him. So don't go up in arms when people reckon he's a stropper because people think he strops on the pitch, it's a ******* internet forum! What do you expect? There are going to be conspiracy theories and such like, part of the experience of being a fan.

Lots of people on here talk phooking ***** - and today it's getting worse.

Archived