Derby Team To Play Chelsea

adamdcfc6

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so based on today's match with Wigan what team would u play against Chelsea??

I would go for

Grant

Wisdom Whitbread Buxton Forsyth

Cisse

Hughes Hendrick Bryson

Russell Sammon Dawkins

12 players I like your thinking, sneaky, very sneaky

so based on today's match with Wigan what team would u play against Chelsea??

I would go for

Grant

Wisdom Whitbread Buxton Forsyth

Cisse

Hughes Hendrick Bryson

Russell Sammon Dawkins

Yeah. Might need 12! What did Keane do wrong? I thought he was good today.

A change of formation is a must, 4-3-3 v Chelsea would be suicide

Grant

Forsyth

Buxton

Keane

Wisdom

Eustace

Hendrick

Dawkins

Hughes

Russell

Martin

A change of formation would be suicidal, with the players not knowing what they're doing and not believing in it, having done so well with another system. Football's a simple game. Stick to what we're good at and play 4-3-3. The players have earnt the right for a regular team against Chelski playing the normal way. It'll be:

Grant

Wisdom

Keane (if available, Whitbread if not)

Buxton ©

Forsyth

Eustace (unless he asks for a rest in which case Cisse)

Hughes

Bryson

Two from Russell/Dawkins/Ward

Martin

Hendrick has to settle for sub after recent events.

I'd probably start with Ward on the bench.

I acknowledge it's unfortunate Leicester are next, but this team has earned the right.

I'd be upset if I'd played an important role in the unbeaten run and then get dropped/rested when it comes to playing against Champions League winners infront of 33,000 and Jose Mourinho. Might never get chance again.

Just play our own game and see how we look. Let's see if we can keep possession and carve out openings.

If we lose nobody will say a word.

If we win and play with style then we'll be the talk of the round.

If we play defensive hoofball and snatch a replay then who's happy? We've got promotion to chase and we're none the wiser to how much quality we have. Anyone can hoof a fluke. Chelsea should know this

Aren't ALL loanees cup-tied?

Keane's loan has now been extended, with an explicit agreement that he's eligible to play in this. Wisdom and Whitbread are here to the end of the season so there's no reason for them not to be able to play. Dawkins I'm not sure. However, I was disappointed that Bamford is playing in the cup for MK Dons, so when he joins up after we've beaten Chelski he'll be cup-tied. :(

Just relax and enjoy the game! Will be tough but fun. Looking forward to Jose flaying his arms about etc and bantering with our lot. Looking forward to see if Martin can dive better than the rest of the Chelski squad put together, looking forward to Jake sell a dummy and nutmeg Torres on edge of his own 6 yard box, ok I'm going a bit too far there. I meant on his own goal line. Looking forward most of all to A FULL HOUSE!

Just don't want to get embarrassed.

It's not embarrassing losing to a world class side - and anyway, they'll probably play their reserves - Lampard, Terry, Torres, Hazard, Willian etc.

Archived