Derby County v Chelsea

David

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

Turned on BBC radio 5 live when in the car for about 5 minutes.

Just happened to have turned on when the two presenters were speaking in dutch accents going on about schteeeve McClaren and how they think the upset of the FA cup 3rd round will be Derby.

Think we will get a tonking, Chelsea will be up for it. Still, we do have a lot to play for this year anyway. If we win it would be an upset (well maybe upset isnt the right word ) even for a diehard fan like me.

Chelsea aren't an amazing side and anyone that has seen them this season can second that.

Their front midfield 3 is obviously the issue, and tactically I would play 2 deep midfielders to try and frustrate them as much as possible, although unlikely.

Torres and Eto'o are no better than some strikers we have faced this season, despite their wages and former reputations - they just don't score enough, Buxton and Keane will not struggle too much (as daft as it sounds)

Defensively the best we can hope for is David Luiz to play, an absolute liability with a knack of making 'noise' for outstanding individual efforts. Other than that, a very clumsy defender prone to concentration issues. Chris Martin will eat up his constant handling and we should get a lot of free kicks around the box.

Best case for me is that they don't play Cech, they play Bertrand (very substandard) and Luiz(liability) don't play Ramires (leaving holes in their DM positions) and there attacking 3 have an off day. Torres and Eto'o are bystanders and shouldn't give us too much hassle!

Best case, I think there is definitely a win in it somewhere - low scoring win. Either 2-1 or 1-0 and us scoring from a set piece play! And worst case is that we're tormented dearly by their midfield attacking 3 and we don't get any luck out of their defence - with us losing 3-0!

As I am forever positive... 1-0 Derby win, a deflected Jamie award free kick from a David Luiz foul on Martin 22.459 yards from goal.

Chelsea aren't an amazing side and anyone that has seen them this season can second that.

Their front midfield 3 is obviously the issue, and tactically I would play 2 deep midfielders to try and frustrate them as much as possible, although unlikely.

Torres and Eto'o are no better than some strikers we have faced this season, despite their wages and former reputations - they just don't score enough, Buxton and Keane will not struggle too much (as daft as it sounds)

Defensively the best we can hope for is David Luiz to play, an absolute liability with a knack of making 'noise' for outstanding individual efforts. Other than that, a very clumsy defender prone to concentration issues. Chris Martin will eat up his constant handling and we should get a lot of free kicks around the box.

Best case for me is that they don't play Cech, they play Bertrand (very substandard) and Luiz(liability) don't play Ramires (leaving holes in their DM positions) and there attacking 3 have an off day. Torres and Eto'o are bystanders and shouldn't give us too much hassle!

Best case, I think there is definitely a win in it somewhere - low scoring win. Either 2-1 or 1-0 and us scoring from a set piece play! And worst case is that we're tormented dearly by their midfield attacking 3 and we don't get any luck out of their defence - with us losing 3-0!

As I am forever positive... 1-0 Derby win, a deflected Jamie award free kick from a David Luiz foul on Martin 22.459 yards from goal.

Makes Chelsea sound crap - Cant be the same Chelsea that i know as they are far better than that desription !!

Makes Chelsea sound crap - Cant be the same Chelsea that i know as they are far better than that desription !!

Of the 8 or 9 games I've seen this season, underwhelmed is what I would say.

Apart from Southampton, they've struggled to win a game comfortably that I've seen - including Stoke and Sunderland where they looked bang average.

Archived