Can I just drag n drop into an iPod

rezner

Itunes is giving me hell.

Never really liked apple products and this has just backed up my hatred for them.

When I first got my iPod classic for xmas, great I thought,I can have all my music wherever I go.So I sync all my music to said iPod,and I was a happy bunny......for a day.

Mrs Rez wanted some other albums on it,no problem I thought,won't take long.Tried adding them to iPod,thought I'd done it,ejected iPod and ta da. Nothing,nothing at all on the piece of crap.

All the music had gone. :angry:

I thought right , sync again then , oh by the way, that takes all day.

Just as I sat down to listen to some music,I don't use iTunes as a player vlc for me,picked an album all the music had gone.From every folder in My Music,there was just nothing in them.

Anyway I searched for previous versions and found them,cut and pasted them back to where they were.Now I thought I'd play something in iTunes just to see.Oh no,that file doesn't exist anymore ffs.

Can I in any way drag and drop files onto the iPod without iTunes getting involved.

I have CopyTrans but looks like another iTunes to me.

Ta.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for starters, never 'cut' anything, unless you want to lose it.

What I do is, get my library sorted as I want it, with playlists for certain genres/moods etc. Delete all the tracks that I don't want (having imported whole albums), then attach the iphone/ipod and let it sync.

The problem you have is that you MUST have the music still on your pc/laptop and in your library when you sync, simply as you are making your ipod 'match' what is in your library.

for starters, never 'cut' anything, unless you want to lose it.

What I do is, get my library sorted as I want it, with playlists for certain genres/moods etc. Delete all the tracks that I don't want (having imported whole albums), then attach the iphone/ipod and let it sync.

The problem you have is that you MUST have the music still on your pc/laptop and in your library when you sync, simply as you are making your ipod 'match' what is in your library.

Easier way is changing settings to only sync certain playlists, and create a playlist with every single song you want on the iPod on there.

Isn't there a facility in iTunes to find and (optionally) delete duplicates? Delete them in iTunes then re-sync.

Complete novice but I'm sure there is.

One piece of advice I read is to remember that your ipod is merely an extension of iTunes

Archived