Ramage Balls

CapeTownRams

I'd rather listen to Ramage than Motson any day!

Tbf we were spoiled by Richards. Bloomers, Dawes, Ramage and Co pi55 all over other local radio.

Had to listen to them a lot more than I'd want recently as the budget didnt stretch to Wigan, Udders, Barnsley etc etc and the only thing that bothers me is how Derby could boss the game and you hear nothing yet if Roy's Rovers have a long range shot at us they're "breaching the defence time and time again"

That sort of thing. I know we all stress and naturally are concerned that everything isn't perfect but they are supposed to be above that. A neutral would say we've bossed games lately.

Barnsley for example wasn't THAT close. Derby lost control for about 10 mins and struggled for possession for quite a while but Barnsley were hitting a brick wall for almost the whole game.

But I understand they are fans and the nerves and stress get the better of them.

Miles better than most football on the radio and the seem like lovely chaps.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davies is as much a Rams fan as Ramage but was prepared to look at issues objectively - for me his problem was in being bland and often lacking passion - not something you can lay at Ramages' door. I can understand why Craig appeals to lots of fans but there are times when not everything is 'black or white'.

Maybe the Radio Derby bosses are happy to use Ramage to counter the banality of the 2 main presenters - surely the worst in the last 30 years.

Problem with Roger Davies is that he never told the truth. His opinion 'on air' and in private were massively different, particularly when you know how he really felt about Nigel Clough. I understand he didn't want to cause trouble, but there are ways of being honest without being offensive, so I am told. He towed the club line too much, with being a paid DCFC employee as well as BBC employee. There was perhaps a conflict of interest there. Roger Davies as a bloke is awesome. Roger Davies as a summariser was rubbish, cos he never gave his own insight.

I think some people who moan should go and listen to other local BBC commentary/coverage. We are pretty privileged if I'm honest and have been for a long time. Our commentary teams over the years have been very good by comparison.

TBH our comentaries aren't that bad! after listening to Sheff Wed, Wigan and Watford in the last couple

of weeks, I couldn't beleive how poor and monotonous they were.

When I listen to Ed I can visualise the game in my mind, I agree however that Ross was better.

Problem with Roger Davies is that he never told the truth. His opinion 'on air' and in private were massively different, particularly when you know how he really felt about Nigel Clough.

Really? Are you sure.

If you can understand the point they are making does it matter if they are not grammatically correct. I am sure that each and every one of you mispronounces words occasionally or uses local dialects. The beauty of the English language us that you do not have to be spot on to be understood. The alternative of course is to not listen if you find it over distressing.

Have to disagree that he adds any sort of expert analysis - he says the obvious things over and over again and it seems to take him an age to twigg into whats going on when subs are made... e.g early into the SM reign he was banging on about how "Wardy needs to play through the middle" and "he's best through the middle" when it was obvious he was going to be playing wide.

Seems like a nice bloke though. Just got a very easy job.

Off-the-cuff public speaking for 90 minuets easy? Sounds bleedin' terrifying to me.

Craig Ramage sounds like a passionate fan, which is fantastic. So much better than Roger 'Back-stab' Davies. 

Bit harsh, no?

TBH our comentaries aren't that bad! after listening to Sheff Wed, Wigan and Watford in the last couple

of weeks, I couldn't beleive how poor and monotonous they were.

When I listen to Ed I can visualise the game in my mind, I agree however that Ross was better.

My comparison was solely Derby commentators past very present. It may be that the current bunch at RD are better than other local radio teams but those aren't the ones I tune in to

what exactly did he say?

Nigel is the right man for the job and can take us to the next level etc etc about 6 months ago. You know how he loved our Nig to bits. Then as soon as McClaren came in, he said that change was needed and Nigel could do all he could......

Hmmmm

Nigel is the right man for the job and can take us to the next level etc etc about 6 months ago. You know how he loved our Nig to bits. Then as soon as McClaren came in, he said that change was needed and Nigel could do all he could......

Hmmmm

Let it go Roger is a great guy for goodness sake.

Clough has gone

Archived