Ramage Balls

CapeTownRams

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate how he uses exactly the same words he's used half an hour earlier when giving his 'final thought'. Not really offering a 'conclusion' just regurgitating the handful of thoughts he's had wedged in his head for the preceeding two hours. Top man tho!

Anyone seen Bryson's little dink?

He makes me both smile and cringe in seemingly equal proportions with his grammatical 'Coleman balls', and its strangely addictive, 'He needs to use his football brain' (rather than 'footballing' brain, i know im being picky but its one i remember) was one i remember recently, a mental image of a player with a massive round head popped into my head ! 

But it true he does say the same thing over and over, but its also true, he is 100% DCFC  :)

Pet hates for me with any commentator is when they refer to players as "you've got yer Ward's, yer Bryson's,yer Wisdom's, yer Martin's"

How many we got of each player? Do we carry spares in the team bus?

Can we have a 'Ramage Balls' column ?

Ramage is brilliant, i want to listen to a football match by someone who gets over excited & who has a genuine passion for the club.

I didn't like roger davies, to straight laced for me and when he tried to be witty it just never came across as funny.

Could you imagine a commentary team of Graham Richards & Ramage?  :lol:

I quite enjoy the full commentary team. The wife can't stand ramage but I think his enthusiasm combined with Ed's works really well and is the best we have had for a number of years. Owen holds it together really well and keeps things on track.

Davies seemed to be to in with the club to do anything but sit on the fence. It all got very stale and monotone with him. Ramage has that passion.

I liked Roger.

sometimes its a blessed relief to have a bit of moderation.

The only ex-player who I find really hard to listen to is Gary Rowett.

His accent, his sniffing, and his mind numbingly boring self-assessment is hard work.

The other interviewee i cannot bear is Nicky Law at Alfreton.

wilko does a great job.....but please don't give that boring **** so much air time.

Owen and Craig are fine, Dawes does my head in, I can't put my finger on why.

Maybe his incessant need to remind us he was a season ticket holder at the Baseball Ground as a lad? He's also too opinionated to be a main commentator, that's Ramage's job is it not? 

Pet hates for me with any commentator is when they refer to players as "you've got yer Ward's, yer Bryson's,yer Wisdom's, yer Martin's"

How many we got of each player? Do we carry spares in the team bus?

And theres me refering to our B4s, our Daveos, our Utoxxes, oyr Boycies...

Reckon Craigs a clumsy git , i'm convinced he dislodged a cable at the 'vinegar stroke' of that disallowed goal.

Did you hear in the Barnsley game where they told him not to touch any of the equipment. You could be onto something here mo55y.

I started a thread about Craig after 3 games in. Didnt really sit well with his " dint its" and " dunners" butit is getting better. Quite amusing at times. His little chuckles make me smile but I guess the way our team is going its not hard to get us to smile at present.

Disagree that he is sound delivering tactical insight. Im still none the wiser until I actually get to watch with my own eyes.

I have a problem with Dawes when the opposition attack. Somehow he manages to make it sound like Pele, Maradonna and Van Basten are upfront for them and its bound to be a goal.

I think they're brilliant. Ed sometimes has a little dig at Craig, Craig either ignores it, or doesn't hear it. 

We were going to do a Ramage drinking game on Boxing Day - I think 'what a ball' was one of the top things on the list.  We decided not to or we'd have been hammered by half time (us, not the team).

Craig isn't a trained journo so he's not going to sound like John Motson. Ed is a passionate Derby Fan, so that's going to come through.  I do know what you mean Stockholm, when you say he makes the opposition attack sound like they're going to score - but that's how I feel when I watch.

I'd rather have Ed and Craig with their passion, than some monotone chap that doesn't give a stuff if we win or lose. 

Archived