Bolton Wanderers' Debt

Srg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interestingly Wigan have released a financial statement in the last couple of days saying they have made a small profit. Player sales I think. I would post a link but seem to be having trouble with it. It's on their main site under news.

well, our attendance will push their profits up again no doubt.

Interestingly Wigan have released a financial statement in the last couple of days saying they have made a small profit. Player sales I think. I would post a link but seem to be having trouble with it. It's on their main site under news.

Boltons accounts are for last season - in the Premiership

Wigans statement is about last season when they were in the Preniership

Hardly a fair comparison. I'm sure next year when Wigan release accounts following a arson in the championship they will not have made a profit.

Boltons accounts are for last season - in the Premiership

Wigans statement is about last season when they were in the Preniership

Hardly a fair comparison. I'm sure next year when Wigan release accounts following a arson in the championship they will not have made a profit.

I wouldn't say they are setting it on fire this season!  :p

As for the Prem and Pren.... Scarlet understood you somehow?? :rolleyes:

I see Chelsea lost £50m last year ,despite t/o being up to £255m ,there are a few clubs in the Championship who unless they do some creative accountancy must be in trouble with FFP .

Leicester converted their debt into shares not sure where that will land with FFP rules. In the meantime we all want to got to a league we can't win and will possibly put us in a position of Portsmouth or now Bolton ,fooked.

Here's hoping GSE / the management know what they are doing .

The FA seem to let this **** happen all the time, its a joke that the powers that be sit allowing our football teams to be run in a way which is seemingly suicidal in the chase for glory. Both the FA and even ore so FIFA , for me are an absolute joke.

I hope Gartside reaps his own whirlwind after his profligate managment.

Well I always wondered how teams with terrible home support could sustain Prem status. Buying top players with hardly any additional income from attendance gates.

Well, this is why, Wigan will be next, maybe Stoke, what about Cardiff?

Fulham may implode if they come down as well.

Cardiff are currently building a ground extension,which I believe,will take capacity up to early 30k

Cardiff are currently building a ground extension,which I believe,will take capacity up to early 30k

Thing is though guys unless you have a really large capacity ,gate money is a fraction of total t/o most of it is advertising and tv money .

Years ago teams shared their home receipts the big boys [understandable to a degree] wanted that changing and the Sky compounded that .

It gave a competitive league which you do not have now ,if we went up we could never win it and thats not right.

Ground extensions are nothing more than a public service.

The cost does not justify what the extra capacity brings in as that is dwarfed by the TV money. Once a club drops out of the premier league, it's unlikely to need that extra capacity anyway.

On the subject of parachute payments, the purpose of these is to allow clubs to adjust to life in a lower league - to allow them to pay the premier league level salaries until those contracts come to an end (or they are cancelled, sold etc). Clubs who choose not to do this and choose to maintain expensive squads and add to them to get immediate promotion deserve no sympathy whatsoever.

The PL money has done absolutely nothing but make fans worse off, clubs worse off and players and agents ridiculously better off.

As I don't really watch any football on TV, I'm happy for their poisonous money to leave the game, perhaps the finances will recalibrate then and we can have ticket prices at a sensible rate. 

Archived