Gerald Mortimer RIP

Cardifframs

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RIP Echo all of the above, hold him in the same esteem as other stalwarts who have supported, commented and written about the club over the years. Enjoy writing your match reports up there.

Hopefully you will never see a Derby player kick it high up there. RIP

The club are doing something before the Wigan match:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-pay-tribute-Gerald-Mortimer-SkyBet/story-20383432-detail/story.html

"DERBY County will pay tribute to Gerald Mortimer before tomorrow's Championship game against Wigan Athletic at the iPro Stadium.

"A picture of Gerald will be shown on the scoreboard and a tribute will be read out."

RIP Gerald

Gerald Mortimer seems to have always been a part of my Rams supporting life from his DET reports to the books he wrote about the club. Feels like a part of my Rams heritage has been taken away - a very sad day. My deepest condolences to his family and friends - I look forward to saluting him tomorrow at the Wigan game - RIP Gerald.

RIP Gerald.Really sad news to lose someone who,along with Anton Rippon,I regarded as the foremost authorities on our great club's rich history.

whilst his age is in that 'good innings' bracket, it's sad that he has passed away. I have several souvenir pull-outs, DVDs, books and programmes that were compiled, researched and edited by Mr Mortimer. 

As a club, we are very lucky to have someone so thorough and dedicated to us. Not many clubs have this.

I always felt sorry for Gerald as he never had a big budget to make his documentaries and top 50s/100s etc, as his research and presentation were top notch.

Sadly, he will never be replaced.

Archived