Chelsea game

valleyram

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might be forced to with loanees

Wisdom out - Freeman in ( Loan recalled so he can get a feel for the squad before playing?)

Dawkins out Rusell in Bennett on the bench

Cisse out of contract unless we extend it

Salmon start and Martin benched

Other than that can't see any other changes being made

Only 3 full 'none match' days between the Wigan and Chelsea games... Personally think it will show that whatever team Jose puts out they will look fitter let alone the tekkers... Chelsea game is a bonus game in my eyes, the result (should we lose) not let confidence drop... I'll be there to cheer the lads on anyway win, lose or draw. The league is deffo priority though, surely?

Surely a lot of the players would be massively dissapointed not to play this game. It's sort of a reward isn't it?

Got to let them have a go. I would have thought we'd have done more resting v Donny and Barnsley.

I think you're spot on with this. I'd love to say we will rest people, but you can't unless you want unhappy players on your hands.

Even without Bucko, he still won't hit the target    :lol:

I'm in mortal danger in North Stand Row X though - especially when Chelski are playing towards the South Stand.

It sounds strange, I know, but I have been asking myself what would be the best outcome of this game.

Obviously a win would be great, and would put us well and truly on the map. Whether we need that right now though is another matter, especially at the start of the transfer window. Going on to then win at Leicester would also be a big ask too. Having said that, my first ever Rams game was the infamous 2-1 over Chelsea in the Cup in 1983, so there would be something particularly satisfying about doing it again.

A defeat is bad news, not least because we haven't had one for so long (and hopefully won't against Wigan). If we then went on to lose at Leicester, which can't be ruled out, then a couple of defeats in a row could have a really negative effect on the young players in our squad who are on a high at the moment but haven't got a great deal of experience of surviving the highs and lows of a season challenging for honours.

So I'm coming to the conclusion that I fancy a scoring draw at home - great atmosphere, live tv cameras there, lots of glory-hunting part time fans there who might be even more likely to come again this season, and then lose a relatively low-key replay and "concentrate on the league". A bit like the Shef Wed 3-3 in the league cup back in the early '90s.

But Bucko to score the only goal of the game, in the 93rd minute, red card for Mourinho for his protests about a foul on the keeper? I wouldn't complain I suppose....

Archived