McClaren to obviously win manager of the month...

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why all this silly nigel stuff?

It is a fact that nigel built the majority of this team, and found the system.

And does deserve some credit.

Well Frank Rijkaard didn't get any credit Guardiola's all conquering Barca side, nor did Ranieri when Mourinho's Chelsea won the league.

I think those who want to give him credit will, and those who don't.. won't.

Why all this silly nigel stuff?

It is a fact that nigel built the majority of this team, and found the system.

And does deserve some credit.

He did find the majority of the players but he didn't find the system, we hadn't played 433 this season we played with a diamond for the majority with ward in a free role.

Well Frank Rijkaard didn't get any credit Guardiola's all conquering Barca side, nor did Ranieri when Mourinho's Chelsea won the league.

I think those who want to give him credit will, and those who don't.. won't.

Clough will get some credit from those within the game, players, managers, people who make a professional living out of football.

Us fans? like you say, some will some won't.

Its not treason btw. Doesn't mean people don't appreciate what Steve, Simmo and Eric are doing.  :)

Nigel built the majority of the squad. He tried plenty of systems but I do not believe he found the right one for the players at hand - except once when Kuki played the Martin role, with the likes of Cywka, Commons et al playing off him. NC insisted on playing his ''best'' players in tandem e.g. Hughes, Hendrick and Bryson. This resulted in the system being chopped and changed with the wrong players playing in the wrong system. Steve has stuck to a system that puts round pegs in round holes; or in the case of Wisdom exceptionally talented players, slightly out of position.   

Archived