Barnsley v Derby County

sage

Is it a true 4-3-3 though or more of a 4-1-4-1? Eustace is definitely very holding and I don't think Ward and Dawkins are always as advanced as Martin. I do agree though that Hughes seems a bit jaded of late and Eustace legs are finding it tough. Of the current squad perhaps Coutts can do the Eustace role and Hendrick for Hughes??

Its a " lop sided" 4-3-3 Dabber. When we break forward its a true 4-3-3 with both Dawkins and Ward playing as out and out front men. We dont employ it in the same way Brendan Rogers loves to or Portugal 2012.. We have one wide forward dropping deeper depending on where posession is lost. Ward and Dawkins are quite crap at this bit.

I do love this ball hungry, high pressure football philosophy but its such hard work to play. Time will tell. Oh for 3 Brysons with Hughes passing ability! I think he would be called Iniesta.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are right they are bound to be tired but the same will apply to other teams. We need to use the squad over the Christmas period. Hendrick and Russel will surely play tomorrow and Ben Davies could do a job. Sammon can come in and give us energy and maybe we could give Bailey some game time too   

You are right they are bound to be tired but the same will apply to other teams. We need to use the squad over the Christmas period. Hendrick and Russel will surely play tomorrow and Ben Davies could do a job. Sammon can come in and give us energy and maybe we could give Bailey some game time too

Ben Davies in a 4-3-3... Oh my giddy aunt no.

Gery..my point is that playing in our system requires our midfield and wide forwards to run and expend energy more than midfielders in another less aggresive system, so no the other teams wont be as tired.

I'm sorry to keep asking but does anyone know someone who has a ticket that can't go? I'd be very very happy to buy it off them!

Incase you cant but still fancy it, just looked on the Barnsley site and it says restricted. I'll ring in the morning to see if it's pay on the gate (for home end) and put it on here, I should think it will be.

Not a chance of changes

Keep the same 11

Get the points in the bag

And then use subs @ 70mins[/

May not change tomorrow, or next few games but unless we sign personel that can help and add to this system we play then he will change it at some point in the not too distant future. My guess would be should we lose away at Leicester.

We need to make changes in my opinion. We were so leggy and lethargic in the last 30 mins at Hudds, and half of the side looked completely knackered. McClaren and Simmo said we'd be using our squad over the festive period, and I know we are off the bench, but I feel it's time for something different.

Ward -> Russell

Hughes -> Hendrick

But that's just my opinion

Incase you cant but still fancy it, just looked on the Barnsley site and it says restricted. I'll ring in the morning to see if it's pay on the gate (for home end) and put it on here, I should think it will be.

Thanks buddy, that's very kind of you. I'll keep my eyes open. Happy to travel at the last minute if there's a chance. Much appreciated.

Hey for a boozer i went oakwell i went a couple of seasons ago but there is one about 5mins from the ground it is in leasure centre we still out numbered tje locals did not know what hit them i hate to think going to think over 6k turning up but i reckion derby fans buys seats in the home ends.

Archived