Barnsley v Derby County

sage

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sure someone will tell us soon enough but I haven't seen one.

On another note, are we ThunderRams tomorrow? Barnsley same colours as Charlton... So was just wondering.

I'd say probably so.

I'm giving my ThunderRams shirt an outing tomorrow anyway.

Seeing things already in Macs 4-3-3 which worry me. Legs going a bit on Hughes and Eustace. Requires all 3 to have Brysons strength and energy. Wont be long before we go to 3-5-2 type formation. 4-3-3 is a huge ask at any level let alone this league.

Without Hughes and still playing 4-3-3 we will lose tomorrow. The warning signs are there. We are knackered and its beginning to take its toll.

2-0 Barnsley

Play 3-5-2 then Derby win.

0-2

Just saying what I see, before daggers are drawn.

Is it a true 4-3-3 though or more of a 4-1-4-1? Eustace is definitely very holding and I don't think Ward and Dawkins are always as advanced as Martin. I do agree though that Hughes seems a bit jaded of late and Eustace legs are finding it tough. Of the current squad perhaps Coutts can do the Eustace role and Hendrick for Hughes??

Seeing things already in Macs 4-3-3 which worry me. Legs going a bit on Hughes and Eustace. Requires all 3 to have Brysons strength and energy. Wont be long before we go to 3-5-2 type formation. 4-3-3 is a huge ask at any level let alone this league.

Without Hughes and still playing 4-3-3 we will lose tomorrow. The warning signs are there. We are knackered and its beginning to take its toll.

2-0 Barnsley

Play 3-5-2 then Derby win.

0-2

Just saying what I see, before daggers are drawn.

We will not play 3 centre backs. On what planet do you think a team who are unbeaten in 8 games changes so radically?

We will not play 3 centre backs. On what planet do you think a team who are unbeaten in 8 games changes so radically?

McLaren not done this before then or ever been radical?! Like I said, 4-3-3 is a huge task. Legs are tired and in the last 2 games we have struggled to control midfield for sustained periods needed to play this system.

He has favoured 4-4-2 switching to 3-5-2 during games before! Started 3-5-2 and 3-6-1 at Twente mate... So my planet is not that mad.

Archived