Bring a scarf - Chelsea cup tie.

jagerbob

Anyway else seen this  ......?

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/bring-your-scarf-against-chelsea-1254525.aspx

Seems Vicars on the website and on twitter thinks its a good idea.

This just reminds me of the time we had a play off semi 2nd leg against Southampton.. and all of a sudden everyomne had flags, banners, the odd scarf everywhere, and it made me think we dont need the club to tell us how to get up for a big game.

Unlike Chelsea who around that time had a Champions league semi final and needed the club to put scarves or whatever it was on every seat because their fans couldnt get up for a big gane if it slapped them in the face!Ive

Always seen certain teams as being a bit of a 'scarves' team like Liverpool or Celtic who wear them every game home or away hot or cold... and put them up for YNWA..... had a derby scarf my whole life but until Leeds started twirling them above their heads and we copied them, It didnt seem to me to be a derby fans thing.

My final point.. is this because Flag poles are now banned as offensive weapons?

Id like to see flags like a play off semi or like a play off final, if it wasnt for Yule tide Elf and safety!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or hand them out with.programs like they did in carling cup semi final.

I shall buy one off those two chancers with the derby-chelsea scarves just to teach the club a lesson.

If i see them.......

I Will be heading to the Pointy Room before this one.

i detest the half derby half chelsea scarfs, please only bring black and white, you're going to the game to support derby not to see chelsea!!!

They sell the normal classic black and white ones anorl.

This came out after a few on twitter suggested that the club give out free scarves to fans to help create a sea of black and white! Paul Sissons, Myself and one or 2 others suggested fans just used their own scarf rather than expect the club to provide freebies. John Vicars picked up on this and said he would get on it.

i detest the half derby half chelsea scarfs, please only bring black and white, you're going to the game to support derby not to see chelsea!!!  

On twitter that has created quite a storm.

No doubt with those old enough to remember chelsea and rams being similar sized clubs.

No doubt the scarf makers now see Chelsea as the European champions and title contenders year in year out for last 10 years, and us, as some lowly 2nd division club  who hasnt played one of the big boys in the cup in many a year!

This came out after a few on twitter suggested that the club give out free scarves to fans to help create a sea of black and white! Paul Sissons, Myself and one or 2 others suggested fans just used their own scarf rather than expect the club to provide freebies. John Vicars picked up on this and said he would get on it.

You bugger.

I want one the freebies.......i never got one last time.

Archived