Player of the season - halfway

jcidaho

Got to be Bryson.

Going to upset a few here, but I don't get why everybody loves Martin.

Fair enough he's knocking in the golas, a lot of that is being in the right place at the right time.

He's not the quickest as a striker and for me I think Saturday against Doncaster was probably the best he's played.

(I'll put my tin hat on now)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to be Bryson.

Fair enough he's knocking in the golas, a lot of that is being in the right place at the right time.

He's not the quickest as a striker and for me I think Saturday against Doncaster was probably the best he's played.

Its not just what he offers as a striker, he holds the ball up superbly and brings others into the game, and has had a really positive impact on the players around him

Not only can he hold the ball up as well as he does, he also can finish and is a very intelligent footballer, which is a very rare combination at this level

if he gets injured, we're in trouble!

Bryson, Martin then Bucko for me I think.

Bryson's form has been stunning. Martin's the best centre forward we've had since Raziak. And Bucko epitomises it all - one of the greatest achievements of the previous regime, still enjoying his football with the new one. Surely he must be one of the best role models we've seen at the iPride?

Bryson, Martin then Bucko for me I think.

Bryson's form has been stunning. Martin's the best centre forward we've had since Raziak. And Bucko epitomises it all - one of the greatest achievements of the previous regime, still enjoying his football with the new one. Surely he must be one of the best role models we've seen at the iPride?

I agree with this.  Martin looks a quality footballer.  Not bad for nowt.

So far:

Lee Grant 7/10

Andre 8/10 (beast)

Bucko 7/10

Keogh 7/10

Fozzy 6.5/10 (started poor, improved)

Eustace 7/10 

Bryson 9/10 (consistency)

Hughes 7.5/10 (started well, faded)

Martin 8.5/10 (increases fluidity)

Jeff 7/10

Johnny 7/10

Sammon 6.5/10 (despite winning us two games, hasn't offered competition to martin)

Mason 6.5/10

Dawkins 7.5/10 

So far:

Lee Grant 7/10

Andre 8/10 (beast)

Bucko 7/10

Keogh 7/10

Fozzy 6.5/10 (started poor, improved)

Eustace 7/10

Bryson 9/10 (consistency)

Hughes 7.5/10 (started well, faded)

Martin 8.5/10 (increases fluidity)

Jeff 7/10

Johnny 7/10

Sammon 6.5/10 (despite winning us two games, hasn't offered competition to martin)

Mason 6.5/10

Dawkins 7.5/10

Pretty fair assessment that.

Got to be Bryson.

Hahahahaha, are you one of those blokes who writes the gags for Christmas crackers?

Forsyth is player of the year hes so good he dooesnt even need a backup!!!!

Sam Rush for most valuable player in organisation... special yank award to be handed out by yank owners

to be fair, what will we do without forsyth? a derby team without forsyth is like bread without butter, it just doesnt work!

Its great that as good as Bryson has been there is genuine competition for POTS.

Bryson's hattrick at Millwall was as sweetly a struck trio of goals as you're likely to see anywhere this season. His overall consistency would just nick it from Chrissy Martin for me with Bucko a very close 3rd.

If we didn't have Will Hughes that is.

We have a good bunch of players, no one's been poor, but Will is the conductor of the team. He wafts his baton with such ease and aplomb that it enables the others to perform fluently, building to crashing crescendo's of magical opportunism leading to climactic, almost orgasmic spasms of one-twos and back heels thus mesmerising and torturing the unfortunate recipients of such balletic improvisation until the ball nestles in the back of the net like a post-coital Bananas...... :wub:

Its great that as good as Bryson has been there is genuine competition for POTS.

Bryson's hattrick at Millwall was as sweetly a struck trio of goals as you're likely to see anywhere this season. His overall consistency would just nick it from Chrissy Martin for me with Bucko a very close 3rd.

If we didn't have Will Hughes that is.

We have a good bunch of players, no one's been poor, but Will is the conductor of the team. He wafts his baton with such ease and aplomb that it enables the others to perform fluently, building to crashing crescendo's of magical opportunism leading to climactic, almost orgasmic spasms of one-twos and back heels thus mesmerising and torturing the unfortunate recipients of such balletic improvisation until the ball nestles in the back of the net like a post-coital Bananas...... :wub:

Archived