keogh out for 4 weeks

Gritty

Wasn't having a pop at folk, just always find it amusing how opinions can shift so quickly. I guess Keogh & Forsyth's vast improvement is a great indicator of how good the coaching has been so far.

It's also an indication of how poor some people are at assessing overall ability. Oddly, most players are human :)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barker, Keogh... who's our next captain? Maybe someone with dodgy knees?

I'm curious to know what kind of leadership we lost with Keogh being out. Usually leadership in footballing circumstances is simplified to how you command your line and those who are in front of you. But does anyone know more about his personality or ways to lead as a captain?

Keogh is a bang average defender and 90% of defenders in this division, if not 100% could equal his contribution to the team, even those clumsy Doncaster oafs who were played on Saturday like Keogh was in August and September could be as effective as Keogh with some McClaren coaching.

I don't understand the hang up with Keogh, he tries hard yes, but his bravery and commitment are his only true assets.

Keogh is a bang average defender and 90% of defenders in this division, if not 100% could equal his contribution to the team, even those clumsy Doncaster oafs who were played on Saturday like Keogh was in August and September could be as effective as Keogh with some McClaren coaching.

I don't understand the hang up with Keogh, he tries hard yes, but his bravery and commitment are his only true assets.

I would rather have one Richard Keogh than 10 Dean bloody Leacocks.

Whilst I respect your opinions because you have interesting layers to your points and will try and back them up I don't tend to agree this time. I think especially these last half dozen games he's been outstanding, I also buy the fact that he's a great leader. Agreed that he hasn't been up to standards he probably sets himself at the start of the season. But I think his attitude, and doing the simple things right instead of trying a crazy pass etc has contributed to his upturn in form.

I remember when we first signed Shaun Barker, and when he got a first run in the side everyone around me and including myself thought he was a big donkey. Then he played out of his skin against Forest (1-0 Hulse) an he just improved.

Just think Keogh does have a little bit of class in this division.. Just had a very rough start to the season. And I think he will be missed

I would rather have one Richard Keogh than 10 Dean bloody Leacocks.

Depends which Dean Leacock you're thinking of. The one during our promotion campaign look like a solid and competent defender.

However the Dean Leacock from the Prem debacle onwards was pretty rank.

Depends which version of Leacock. He looked like Franco Baresi in promotion season, then like Frank Spencer in 08/09!

I agree he was very good partnering Big Dave and was superb at Southampton in the playoff semi-final, but in the Prem and the  injury-hit seasons after that he was shambolic. One good season out of five.

Archived