How we are seen by other fans…..

CapeTownRams

There's been lots of talk about how we are getting much more media attention.. My view - like those of Simmo and Mc - is that it would have been better if we could somehow stay under the radar a bit longer. All that attention brings other -unwanted- pressures.

But what's really interesting is how the fans of QPR, L'cester and Burnley view us at the moment. If you go and trawl the QPR fans' sites there is a LOT of feeling starting to show up that we will get automatic and that they might miss out. A few guys even saying things like we will walk the league ! It's amazing - and (dare I say it) wildly speculative. I can't see that being the case. But their fans do seem genuinely worried about us.

Even on the Foxes boards they (reluctantly) are admitting that it's definite 4 horse race now. 

Ditto Burnley fans.

Now, I can see us being viewed as a threat, but not automatic autos (if u know what I mean).

Back to my beer…..

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From this point it's impossible to predict, has there been a season in recent memory where one team hasn't been an absolute shoe in at this stage?

It's nice that other sides fear us at the moment, I'm trying to keep my feet on the ground though, a few injuries to key players and we'll be struggling to match the depth of QPR and the bin dippers. Play offs should be a good bet but I still think we may miss out on autos.

When I look at other forums I'm still confused when I see other team's fans calling our team bang average and it's only momentum that's keeping us going. If the likes of Wisdom, Bryson, Hughes and Martin are bang average then Messi must have signed for a Championship team and I've missed it  :lol:

Start of the season I said Bolton and Ipswich would challenge. Bolton haven't got started this season so can't see them turning it around. Ipswich I could see as a late challenger for the play offs.

The key thing for the second half of the season is that we nick points off the teams around us. 5 losses so far: Qpr, Reading, Burnley, Forest and Leicester. Can't afford to lose the reverse fixtures of those.

Can't see Burnley sustaining their push. No depth at all and open knowledge that they have no money to spend in January. They've been extremely lucky with injuries and can certainly see them falling away in January.

It's an open race IMO, a team like Reading or the Dogs will join the top 2 fight.

Having seen the way shackell marshalled their defence, they won't concede many.

He was superb.

Whilst I agree defensively, if Ings goes cold they're in big trouble (similar with Leeds and McCormack)

I agree. I expect to see Burnley going on a run of drawing 6 in a row. I am not going to worry about them. Their form over the last 10 macthes has not been good enough for automatic promotion. 

For the first time all season, QPR are no longer odds on to win the Championship title - typically they are now 5/4, Leicester 10/3 and Derby 9/2. Amazingly Burnley, currently top, are just 4th favourites at a typical 7/1.

The Gumps average out at 40/1

Archived