will we sign player(s) in jan.

Tricky1884

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many goals has ward scored since Steve mc has been here? I'm amazed so many want him dropped, he is a typical attacking player who tries to dribble past players, sometimes he looks a world beater sometimes he looks poor. It must be wards turn to be picked on as I would say our attacking unit has been doing quite well

I don't think you can really fault any of our attacking players at the minute. We just need more strength in depth in those areas.

Our back five was good enough yesterday as well.

It's holding midfield where we're weak. Eustace is a good Championship midfielder and we need him in the squad, but we won't go up automatically with him as our first choice CDM every week. He looked absolutely knackered after 70 minutes, and we had no one good enough on the bench to replace him. As a result, just like against Doncaster, we were overrun in midfield in the second half.

We should have been bringing on Eustace yesterday, not starting with him.

Can't remember the last time we didn't score in a game. Probably Forest away the night before the managerial change.

So surely the defence needs bolstering, not the attack.

LB - Forsyth is good enough but ideally needs competition.

CB - Bucko and Keane with Whitbread cover is just about acceptable but when Whitbread and Keane leave in January and Keogh is still injured that leaves Obrien. Maybe a CB is needed. Ideally we renew Keanes loan and Keogh comes back from injury at the end of the January transfer window.

RB - He parks where he wants. Sorted! then Freeman cover. Actually Freeman may leave which would mean we need RB cover.

CDM - Eustace could tire towards the back end of the campaign so I would say we need a quality CDM and then make Eustace the cover.

After January the 31st this is what I hope we have:

Grant

Wisdom Keogh Buxton Forsyth

New CDM

Hughes Bryson

Russell Martin Dawkins

Legzdins, Keane, Ward, Eustace, Hendrick, Sammon, New Fullback that plays LB and RB.

Can't remember the last time we didn't score in a game. Probably Forest away the night before the managerial change.

So surely the defence needs bolstering, not the attack.

LB - Forsyth is good enough but ideally needs competition.

CB - Bucko and Keane with Whitbread cover is just about acceptable but when Whitbread and Keane leave in January and Keogh is still injured that leaves Obrien. Maybe a CB is needed. Ideally we renew Keanes loan and Keogh comes back from injury at the end of the January transfer window.

RB - He parks where he wants. Sorted! then Freeman cover. Actually Freeman may leave which would mean we need RB cover.

CDM - Eustace could tire towards the back end of the campaign so I would say we need a quality CDM and then make Eustace the cover.

After January the 31st this is what I hope we have:

Grant

Wisdom Keogh Buxton Forsyth

New CDM

Hughes Bryson

Russell Martin Dawkins

Legzdins, Keane, Ward, Eustace, Hendrick, Sammon, New Fullback that plays LB and RB.

Agree with what you've said.

Would love Bamford to join though ... we don't desperately need him but I've got a bit excited being linked with him, looks a proper talent  ;)

Wardy is often the player who makes the initial breakthrough.

V huddersfield - won the penalty

V donnie - scored the first goal

V charlton - scored the first goal

V bournemouth - scored the only goal

V sheff wed - 2 assists

V birmingham - scored the goal

Ward gives his all, absolutely busting a gut from the start. Having Russell on the bench means that he can burn himself out during the first 65 or 70 minutes, knowing there is a like-for-like replacement to run amok when the defenders are cream-crackered.

I don't see why everyone wants to drop Ward when he has been more effective than Dawkins..plus Dawkins is currently not even our player and we haven't given Russell a proper run in the team..surly it's better that we put Russell in for Dawkins and try the front three we expected to use at the start of the season...with Dawkins, Mason or Sammon to bring on

Archived