Craig Bryson

loughboroughRAM

Not sure if anyone's already started a similar post (I've looked and not found any) but who else thinks this man is one of, if not the best midfielder in the division?? Based purely on stats he's already scored 10 in the league (the most by any midfielder in the division) and assisted a further 7 in the league (3rd best in the league) which is pretty exceptional for a central midfielder at this stage of the season. Although this owes a lot to him being bang in form which he can't be expected to maintain throughout the rest of the season, I imagine he will end up on around 15 goals and as many assists; all this points to him being statistically the best midfielder in the league. Although he may not stand out as being the best in terms of skill and other factors when compared to certain other players, his work rate and energy is second to none and without him we would most certainly not be in the position we currently find ourselves and I am surprised no 'bigger' clubs have shown an interest in him. Out of all the signings Clough made Bryson surely has to be the most shrewd/best, a proper hidden gem - not to mention that goal he scored away against the red dogs last year!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has been outstanding this season so far and I think that's partly down to the new system of playing a CDM which allows him to push forward without having to cover defensively. His end product for me has been the noticeable difference this season, while his stamina and passing have been good since he signed, this season, his shooting and crossing have been exceptional. 

So far for me, he has been the Player of the Season.   :D

Much like our recent ascent up the table, the contribution of Bryson thus far has been staggering.

I have been one of his biggest detractors over the years but credit where it's due, you can't argue with the contribution he is making and the influence he is having. Not only is he scoring goals but he is also creating chances and playing a valuable role in a winning, free-scoring team

This could be a purple patch or somewhat anomalous, mind you and I certainly won't be in any rush to herald him as the best midfielder in the division. We might not be sticking around for much longer.  :lol:

I'd like to know how many he has scored after 70 minutes... At least two latest has killed the game and have been testament to his incredible stamina.

And what about his spoken English skills?!. Magnificent considering where he is coming from.

Much like our recent ascent up the table, the contribution of Bryson thus far has been staggering.

I have been one of his biggest detractors over the years but credit where it's due, you can't argue with the contribution he is making and the influence he is having. Not only is he scoring goals but he is also creating chances and playing a valuable role in a winning, free-scoring team

This could be a purple patch or somewhat anomalous, mind you and I certainly won't be in any rush to herald him as the best midfielder in the division. We might not be sticking around for much longer.  :lol:

Jourdan you feeling ok ? He's been playing like this for years and years now , the only difference is he is playing full of confidence and expects to score every time he takes to the field , his attitude and work rate has never been in doubt , bringing goals to his game makes him one of the best championship midfielders

Jourdan you feeling ok ? He's been playing like this for years and years now , the only difference is he is playing full of confidence and expects to score every time he takes to the field , his attitude and work rate has never been in doubt , bringing goals to his game makes him one of the best championship midfielders

I'm feeling great. How could I not be? We've won seven league games in a row! Every weekend, I do a merry jig in my Soviet apartment and have to laugh that I can only watch this resurgence unfold from thousands of miles away.

I can be quite scathing at times in my assessment of our fortunes but I'm nothing but fair and will give credit where it's due.

So far, Rush appears completely vindicated in his decision to appoint McClaren. It looked ill-fated in my view but life and particularly football has a funny way of making you look utterly daft at times and it's been a very pleasant surprise. 

Likewise, I've been surprised by Bryson. At the moment, he is delivering performances worthy of such fierce adulation and long may that continue. I'm no expert. I don't care for being right. I'm just glad things are going well.  :D

I have been sceptical of his contribution in the past. But this season he's been fantastic, the potential was always there but he just never seemed to fulfil it for me, until now. 

I think we have two of the best midfielders in the division. Byson with his all action box to box, goal getting displays and young Will knitting the play together and seamlessly linking defence and attack. 

As a pairing, with Eustace doing the dirty work, they are the nuts in this division.

It's amazing to see the end product he's now added. Whether it be a cross (Boro at home was it, with his chocolate peg?!) or a finish.

He's definitely the player we miss most when he's not playing - whether he's playing well or not at the time. Has been since he came.

He has been outstanding this season so far and I think that's partly down to the new system of playing a CDM which allows him to push forward without having to cover defensively. His end product for me has been the noticeable difference this season, while his stamina and passing have been good since he signed, this season, his shooting and crossing have been exceptional. 

So far for me, he has been the Player of the Season.   :D

I think its 3 things:

1. As you say, the midfield set up giving him a licence to attack

2. The quality of Martin's lay offs / link play

3. I think he's been told - or learned - to conserve his energy and not chase after everything everywhere.

He's been great.

Archived